Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday musings

It's a drop dead gorgeous Saturday afternoon here. I'm not very capable of doing much however as I went for my ride this morning armed with a Grade 2 overhang. I decided I needed punishing for my alcohol fuelled fun yesterday afternoon by riding hard. I was down for a 80k/50mile ride and did exactly that (at an average of 28.3kmph/17.6mph) mostly by myself and mostly because it is harder that way.

The difficulty I now have is that walking is bloody painful and the last time I came down the stairs I felt like crying! Yep, I can hobble through a marathon but the stairs at home make me cry! I wonder what it is going to be like tomorrow?

Mrs W doesn't do massages so I am left feeling sorry for myself. Virtual massages can be sent to the e-mail addy in the profile bar and will be gratefully received! I think I will do a little bit of painting with what is left of the afternoon - ease my way into it as it were.

I wish I was in Sydney for the City to Surf right now. I just re-read my blog entry from last year. What a great weekend that was! I will be thinking of everyone anyway and hope everyone running and cheering have a great time!

18 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed C2S again this year. Just as well - I have had the dreaded lurgi for the past week so no running at all. Makes me grumpy when i don't run so I can understand how it must feel having to take a long break! Keep up that cycling.
Gb

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Jen said...

We missed you Wobbly :-(

You'll have to come & join the fun again next year!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Your doing great with the biking. Must be a little fulfilling?

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Sorry you didnt make C2S this year WM it would have been nice to meet you!

Nice ride,no wonder your sore...try running your fingers lightly over your legs from bottom to top and move the lactic out of your lymphatic system.

R2B

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger D said...

I hope that I can post things like "drop dead gorgeous afternoon" because lately it has been nothing but HOT and HUMID and I don't do well with these two elements. Fall is quickly approaching and that (to me) is when the weather is absolutely perfect! You've been busy Wobbly man. I hope you get some painting in....

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger SRR said...

A virtual massage? I'll get right on that! :-)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger miners said...

Sorry you couldn't be there either Dunc. Seems like you're riding is getting better and better every day though!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Wob, two items of advice (if I may be so presumptuous...)

a. Don't look back. Tomorrow always holds more promise than yesterday.

b. Don't use exercise as a punishment! It's supposed to be fun :-)

Gnome

p.s. yep, I missed C2S too - hence the lecture, 'cause I'm still in a bad mood ... :-)

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger D said...

...you threw me off with your new profile pic!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

Hi Wobbly man, hope the walking is far easier by now that we are in the middle of the week.

So what punishment do you have in store for this weekend??

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

I noticed that before the marriage my wife didn't complain to massage, now I am in the same your situation? What is wrong?

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger CJ said...

It was a great weekend (C2S) and it went far too quickly. However I may be down in Melbourne for work next month - you'll have to let me know where are some good places to run. Not quite sure where the hotel is just yet.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger SRR said...

Post ALREADY WM!!! :-)

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

I was in town on said day. Are you telling me August isn't always like that?

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Have you recovered Wobbly? I'll get my masseuse, Maria, to send you a virtual one. She's good.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger R2B said...

Where are you WM?

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We both missed the C2S this year, Wobbly...all will be well for next year!

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Question: why do the women do massages when they are girl friends and don't massage anymore after the wedding (or the honeymoon)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home