Thursday, May 04, 2006

It's finished.... (at last)!

Some of you will remember the recent renovation of Wobblette # 1's clothes stand (the Paul Frank inspired ) one back in February.

Well, you guessed it, Wobblette # 2 after seeing her father's handywork also wanted her's renovated and updated (new head and base).

I think this little job only took me about 7 weeks to complete.



Even though I got a bit carried away making and painting the new base I have to say I am pretty happy with the final result. It's easy to imagine myself retired, fiddling away in my storeroom with an old radio, a couple of power tools and a paintbrush making stuff like this.

This afternoon I went to the Podiatrist (who is going to alter my orthotics) and followed that with some physio treatment on my left leg. The upshot is that while things are mending nicely, I will wait another week before running again (or until I can hop on both legs without pain) - sounds pretty sensible to me.

Trouble is I am likely to miss the Walhalla Wound up *sniff*

Best caption award from my last post goes to... *insert drum roll* ....2P!. BTW, you didn't really think I would post a photo of me standing naked in a river did you?

8 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Katie said...

You have missed your calling!! Very snazzy! I am glad your on the mend.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger 2P said...

I'd like to thank my agent...

GOod to hear you are mending WM, pity about Walhalla but here will be other trail runs.... pretty good one up here in August....

Nice doggie ;-)

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Noice! Obviously you have missed your vocation. Nice to talk to you last night.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Splice said...

You are a very talented Wobble Man!!
I simply love your work, will done :-)

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

You're back - yay!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Congrats 2P!

Nice carpentry. Perhaps a walking stick or walking frame Wobbly?

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Cool! I want one :-)

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How can you miss running when you can just sit around & make such clever things instead! And just look at all those pretty 'chicks' who leave comments!!
Let's know when you're taking orders, Wobbly. Hope injury improves quickly now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home