Sunday, February 19, 2006

Capital City Trail (because at first I didn't succeed..)

Today's run was 32.6kms (my longest so far) and after my dismal attempt at the Capital City Trail three weeks ago I figured I might give it a go again. This time though I had a great week's preparation. Limited alcohol (2 glasses of red wine and 2 beers all week), I have eaten some red meat and lots of mushrooms, got myself onto some B complex vitamins and managed to get some good sleep. I also bought myself some Gu (chocolate) for the 18km mark of my long runs. The end result = a great run. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions - in combination they all worked! I had a good strong run completing 30.8km in 3:02:00!

Now I have blogged before about the Capital City Trail (here) and what an awesome trail it is so I won't bother and promised to take some photos next time I ran it. Here they are some but my photography doesn't do it justice:

Lower reaches of Yarra River around Sth Yarra




Along the Yarra around Abbotsford and Collingwood




Merri Creek Section

(CC Trail on right hand side)

Next to the old tram rail in Carlton into Princess Park then onto Royal Park)

Underneath Expressway along Mooney Ponds Creek


That marks the end of week 7/14 of my program:
Planned: 65kms
Run: 63.6kms (biggest week ever)
Shin Status: Only just 1/5 (nearly gone)
Big toe nail status: Kind of yellowish under the nail now (not particularly pretty).
Mood: happy
Energy Levels: Back where they should be!

15 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great run - well done you! I knew it was a temporary hitch/ See you for Prince Park Sri Chimnoy next weekend?

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like you are firing on all cylinders again WM! Looks like a great place to run.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Great run WM - the time wasn't too shabby either....

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Yay Wob! What a great run, good to hear you are on top of things and feeling full of energy.

Those pics are fantastic, hardly what I was expecting for a 'capital city trail'. What a lovely course it must be to run.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Go Wobbly!! Another long run under the belt... great tim as well- good for the confidence :-) Glad to hear your back to tour usual self!! Great run too.. thanks for the pic's

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Steve's Stuff said...

Great pictures, judging from the sequence it appears you ran an anti-clockwise direction (through Docklands last).

I prefer the other way as there are heaps of water stops when running along Alexandra Ave (and nice smelling bbq's).

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Hey nice pics WM. 30km in 3 hours. Very impressive mate.

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger miners said...

Love the photos WM - hope that toenail stays yellow and doesn't go black ;)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

Great looking trail. Very similar to our Torrens linear park trail. Such a great resource for runners, walkers, and cyclists. Are there any road crossings?

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done, wobbly, your looking good for canberra , which isn't far away!

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Great Pics there. The one under the bridge near Abbotsford reminds me of how much I love Melbourne.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Good run Wobbly, and so scenic. Time was pretty good too - looks like you're in great shape. Its amazing what a difference 3 weeks and a bit of preparation can make!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Loved your pics, Wobbly! You've cleverly forgotten to take one of the 'yellowish big toe"!! Energy levels back...good! You'll need them if you hope to have any chance of finishing before me in Canberra!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Great run and photos Wobbly. I presume 'shin status' will be 0/5 next time with 'yellow toe' 3/5.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Great news!! Running that distance in such a great shape, this is a day to remember!! Everything seems to be improving!
This is a fantastic place to run there's no reason for not being a runner there in Australia with these wonderful places!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home