Monday, November 05, 2007

October - more fun than a barrel full of monkeys!

Yep - this month was tough, slack, rewarding and surprising and fun!

Due to some ongoing niggly things my training has been limited so I went into the Melbourne Half really under-done and just for the fun of completing the the course. I ran without a watch and I enjoyed this race probably the more than most of those I have done! I cruised around in a comfy pace and had probably way too much gas to spare at the end, but hey - who cares! I ran 2:03:xx which was a little faster than I thought I would and enjoyed a few German beers at Transport with some of the other very cool runners.

A five day work convention up at the Gold Coast was umm...tough. Ok, not really tough, hard...ok, it was fun! I drank way too much, did naf-all running and ate like I was training the house down! Ah well life is short - no point being responsible all the time is there? A little bit of ink on my rear surprised Mrs W and the wobblettes when I got home too!

Around the Bay in a Day - was on the weekend I got home and was great fun. My (now) annual 210k cycle was so much better than last year - I enjoyed pretty much the whole trip (except Reynolds Hill). I was 15 mins quicker than last year and the tough hill work I had done in September really paid off. So did eating about three times as much as last year. I learn Mr Falty, I learn... :)

Enough rambling - here is a peak at one of the CR cap prototypes I had made up (standard old one is on the right) recently. It has reflective piping down the seams. Fully breathable material in centre panel. It also has a reflective rear velcro tab. It's in user testing at the moment. I love it, and it's all mine I tell you! Mine! Mine!! Mine!!!



3 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Stuff the CR hat topic, enquiring minds want to know - just how did you get ink on your butt??

:-)

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Fantastic! Well done.

As long as it's big enough for big heads I'll have two. I lost the old one at the City to Surf.

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

It's fantastic to run a race without a watch only to enjoy the atmosphere. Well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home