Saturday, June 30, 2007

A jubilant June

Well almost jubilant anyway. 150kms run and 3 good hard cycles completed.

It's now 6 months post injuries and I feel like my body is slowly getting closer to where it was pre-injury.

By necessity I'm staying away from back-to-back running days (mostly) and not running long distances. My endurance is down but I can rebuild that (I hope) once I have a good base built up without trying (poorly) to "manage" injuries.

The last three weeks I have been cycling 45kms a few times and then throwing on my runners and slipping out for a 10k+ run. While the actual running seems ok (although I really should down a gel or something before the run) the after effect is that my legs feel soooo depleted the rest of the day - I'm hoping this effect reduces with time.

BTW, I have no intentions of doing a triathlon - I am doing this to keep my running going and lessen my chance of injury. Besides, cycling I have decided, is the ultimate sport for someone like me - endless accessories to buy/drool over. I bought myself one of these babies
this week off ebay. Almost half the price of those in the shops and delivered to my door (brand new). I luurve ebay! Ain't nobody not going to see me when I am out in the morning or evening! Bought purely for safety reasons... :) All I need now is a new bike helmet and..... a few spokey dokes...and....

6 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

A very good running June. You are "on the road again". Welcome back.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

G'day Wobbly. Don't let miners see the spokey dokes.

How fast are you running, HR-wise? Perhaps run slower and keep the lactate out of the muscles?

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Wobbly! Of course people still read this! What are spokey dokes? Are they useful for running??!! If so, I need them more than you do! Hope I see you when I come to Melbourne for the marathon in October.....long time!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just calling by to say "Hi Wobbly", Friday August 10.

 
At 3:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Wobbly,

mick here, currently injured, i hurt my knee the day i saw u last! may end up needing a arthroscopy. not sure yet. have had a mri.
looking in to getting a road bike for some cross training. what type of bike did you get?

you can email me at mick@aztecmusic.net

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Where is the Court Jester?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home