Friday, February 16, 2007

Grrrrr!

What is wrong with people these days?

On days when I'm not running, working, or attending another corporate golf day I often take a 40 minute walk along the Yarra River and through some busy parts of the CBD doing a little "people watching". Two things happen with monotonous regularity on these days:

1. On attempting to exist the lift on the ground floor invariably one or more people will be trying to get past me before I am even past the lift doors. What is wrong with these people? I know we are all in a hurry these days but just because you don't know me does not justify the demonstration of your amazingly bad manners. What's more, it will almost certainly result in me walking directly towards you so you feel uncomfortable. So just quit it you rude "lift people" - it's annoying me.

2. And this is the big one! All because you are important enough to have a mobile phone and I guess doubly important to actually be speaking to someone on it when walking along a foot path, it does not give you some "god given" right to put your head down and ignore all oncoming pedestrians. Your phone does not temporarily incapacitate your feet or legs and nor does it result in temporary blindness (temporary stupidity - maybe). Look up and observe the normal courtesies when walking along a footpath you rude "foot path phone people"!!!

Are we clear on this? Good :) You can now go about your normal activities. ~Message ends~

4 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Oooooo.... Your shins really are getting you down, aren't they :-) :-)

Ah well, as my mum used to say, the best solution for dealing with bad mannered people was to whack them on the head with your wooden leg. Happy whacking! :-)

Gnome

p.s. she didn't really...

p.p.s. just keep rubbing those shins, dig in deep right where it hurts the most. It took about a year for mine to stop hurting, and even now they still hurt a bit after long runs - when I can run, that is :-(

 
At 6:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those people are making you so mad you posted your gripe twice! hahahaha.... just lower your voice about an octive and say, as loud as you can, "Excuse me! Could you please let me pass!" if they are going in your direction or "Heads up!" if they are coming at you (on your side of the path) and smile - then wave. You'll feel better than you would if you surreptitiously tripped them.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Calm down Wobbly ;) You'll be in long run mode before you know it.

Next time it rains in Melbourne, you could try the old puddle trick.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Ha ha, I've just been thinking about that lift rudeness thing as its been happening to me lately. We have about 100 visitors from around Australia on our floor at work at the moment. I'm thinking many of them must be from country towns where they don't have high rises :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home