Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Going all soft..

Sorry, move along please....nothing of interest here folks! Please go about your usual activities!

Unlike the rest of you, who no doubt have been doing lots of exercise, I have been a big lazy git!

Why go all soft after a three great weeks of good training? Well, apart from my shin issues, I had a 2 day conference, study, a heat wave followed by oppressive humidity, a migraine and thrown in there was a liberal dose of apathy and an overhang? Some of the above are of course inter-related.

Without a goal I have been enjoying the concept of running for fun and frankly as my shins were steadily getting worse and the weather got hotter and hotter, I thought a mini-break would do me good. I have now skipped two long runs in a row.

I ran 6k yesterday in sunny 23 degrees and about 80% humidity. Phew!!! What a struggle it was. I don't think I have the right make up for exercising in humid conditions....

If you haven't received a comment from me lately on your blog it might be because I am a techno doofus and have tried but can't. It's only happening with blogger blogs and I have also lost some blogs altogether. (Sharon you are amongst them). This all started when I was forced to update to the new blogger version. Grrrr!

5 Comments:

At 11:35 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Wobbly, I think you're a candidate for DrJH's racing and training service ;)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

Wobbly Man goes soft? How could that be>

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Sounds like tough conditions at the moment.
Blogging's gone a bit pear shaped for me too...think I need to resubscribe in a lot of cases.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

((((((((wobs)))))))))

Having motivation issues myself today...hope you are over yours now.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home