Monday, January 22, 2007

I blame the weather!

The weather here has been all over the place this last week! Days of a blistering 41 degrees with just a few % humidity to night's where the minimum didn't get under 27 degrees and with humidity in the 80-90%.

Thank goodness the firefighters have had some relief the last few days. I see 100 or so American firefighters arrived yesterday to help on the firefronts. Thanks guys, thanks to all of you unsung volunteers (like you Spark Driver)- your blood is worth bottling!

In the last week I have managed only 2 runs but I don't feel guilty. My main aim, while to get consistent with running three times a week, is to stay injury free so I achieved that! My shins had a welcome 5 day break too.

Yesterday was a 14km run and I took my Garmin along for company. I banged out 6:00/kms most of the way and despite needing a couple of short walk breaks averaged exactly 6min/km for the trip. Of great satisfaction was finishing with a 5:15km for the last km. Mr Garmin go away again for a week or so - I just wanted to see how I was going really.

Water - how was it I could guzzle down 2 litres a day with a problem?

I now take a 800ml bottle in the car with me and force myself to drink it all on the 40 minute drive home each work day. I guess I am averaging about 1.5 litres a day now - better than the last few weeks which is good.

7 Comments:

At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Don’t blame it on the sunshine
Don’t blame it on the moonlight
Don’t blame it on the good times
Blame it on the boogie

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Getting speedy on that last split - good to see ;-)

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job keeping up the consistency.
Strange you can't drink enough with those temps.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

I'm sure Mr Garmin enjoyed the outing. Nice last kilometre :) A cool change is on the way!

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww shucks, Im all embarressed now.

Thanks for that Tesso. I will now have that song in my head for the rest of the day!

 
At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so funny to think that we are freezing out butts off with ice and snow still on the ground while you guys are roasting! You are so right about the unsung heros! Great that you could take a GUILT FREE break!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

The last km faster after 13 km means that you are doing a good job.
About the Afterglow of the other post have a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39KA27YyjZU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home