Monday, January 29, 2007

Guns N' Roses

Wow! What a roller coaster this last week has been. Despite succumbing to a three day virus, I still managed to get in three good solid runs including a 17.5k run yesterday. Woohoo!!

I know that by saying it I am probably courting disaster, but I think I am slowly regaining some of my long lost fitness. My shins feel a little tender today but are remaining under control so far and with a little luck tomorrow I will finish off the month smack in the middle of my target for the month of between 100 and 120kms :) Mission accomplished for January. February I need to plan out yet...

I ran with my Garmin a couple of times to see how bad my pacing is (still terrible) and to measure a couple of my standard run routes that I have varied recently due to my reduced fitness. Garmin can go away again for most runs except the longer ones - it takes away from my enjoyment and I am valueing that greatly.

It's been great this month to run without a serious plan other than to run three times a week (no more). I suppose without a BIG goal (and the associated training plan) it's easy to slow down and smell the roses. Despite the occasional frustration with my own fitness levels, the roses are smelling great!

13 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Glad to hear that its been a great month for you. May there be many more - and it's great to see you blogging kinda regularly again :-)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Great to hear you're out there just enjoying your running again. At this rate your fitness will take care of itself.

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

The roses aren't out up here. When they are, I'll stop and smell them ;)

Nice 17.5k Wobb - you're getting there.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work on the comeback Wobs

 
At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

17.5 with a virus - that rocks. I love roses.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger miners said...

always been a big fan of roses - time outs while running are one of those things that seem to get lost in these never-ending goal chases. Glad to see you're enjoying things so much - and you clearly must be because we haven't seen a cycling post for a long time! :)

 
At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, sometimes we forget why we started running ... or at least kept running ... in the first place - for the pure enjoyment of it.

Noice :-)

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi there
Picked up your blog from A Girl Running - and like her - can't contemplate running without my Garmy! although I have been leaving the HRM behind lately.
17.5 kms - sounds like you are doing great - I'm going to add that to one of my goals (I can't even masquerade as a distance runner)
Will pop back again to see how you are doing.
Lisa

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Black Knight said...

With a virus I could only sleep 17.5 hours!
By the way, good job!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit I would fret too much running minus Garmin. All those km's going unrecorded....ugghh.

Good to hear that you are getting back to it. I would like to see you IN your next race and not just as a spectator.

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to get the running in despite the nasty Virus that you had.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wobbly, it's good to read that you make time to smell the roses....I do that too, usually at the end of a run. Nice finish line!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

Ahem ....Wobbly there is a woman in a red dress in the corner of your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home