Sunday, January 14, 2007

After Glow

Not a whole lot to report really. I managed to get in about 29kms this week and ran three times. My shins feel pretty tender but hopefully will be happy witha day or two's rest. More warm weather is forecast this week so I will need to be flexible with when I can get my runs in (3 planned).

Pretty pleased with my week's effort would dearly love to be able to string a few of these together - I suspect my shins have other plans though.

I managed to pick up a paint brush in anger both days and once again am pleased with the results - thanks goodness the paint tin was empty by 4pm - early drinks and nibbles on a lovely Sunday afternoon after getting in a decent run in the morning.

One thing I have seriously gotten out of the habit of doing is drinking water regularly. I really need to remind myself all day to drink - its just not a habit like it used to be.


I didn't take my camera with me today but here is a photo of a part of the coastal trail I often run. While I didn't actually run this bit today you can get an idea of how pretty it is to run on the
coastal trail near my place.

Next weekend I am hoping to get up to Churchill Park or Ferny Creek for a trail run -that should be fun.

Currently enjoying listening to: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Somewhere over the Rainbow

9 Comments:

At 9:32 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

drink some water - now!!

great running week! take care of those shins... and drink more water :)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger PortRunr said...

and drink some more water......now. I'm sure those Xmas kilos will slide right off if you keep this running business up.

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting to the point you were will take some time, but there is no rush and you will be putting on more and more distance.
Let your body adapt again and don't get over alarmed on those signs. Keep drinking and eating right! Nice distance and a good week i'd say....

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

It's only a small pic, but I get the idea. Spectacular views. Reminds me a bit of the trails on the north side of Sydney Harbour.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place to run while building back up to your former greatness.

Keep up the great work.

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Cirque said...

Looks lovely.

Oh - and don't forget to drink water.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Look after those shins, self massage everytime you are in the shower.

See you soon.


Stu
PS, drink some more water :-)

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't funny how moody we get when we cannot run! I'm w/you on the water thing - I practically have to force it down - bad! Nice trail!

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

Dude, Cousin IS ... that's what they called him in Maui when we were there just after the Marathon. We have a CD of his music and makes mighty fine listening on a lazy Sunday morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home