Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Give a little bit...

Alright punters, enough prompting! Yes, I promise (again) to blog more frequently and I also promise to comment on your blogs again. My return to running has lamentably been less that spectacular and much more painful (yes shins again) than I had hoped. This has significantly contributed to my lack of enthusiasm for this blog.

From the table over there ------> you will see I have been very slowly easing my way back into running and am currently managing about 2 or maybe 3 runs a week. It's not enough, but that is all I am capable of at the moment. Most runs needs a few walk breaks, my longer runs particularly. MY long runs are no longer than 1hr 30 mins at the moment. One good thing I have discovered is the joy of running without a watch (can't thank you enough for that tip Di!). It has taken me a little while to get used to it, but I no longer think about time or my splits when running. I know the distance of most of my runs so I just head out over a course and don't check a clock before starting - sweet!

I pulled a new pair of shoes out of the cupboard today and will toss out the orthotics and return to "au natural" running for a month to see how that goes. Here's hoping.

Oh, I nearly forgot, Coach Tim says Canberra Marathon in 2007 is off for me without risking injury. I am an outside chance for the Gold Coast Marathon however if I can rebuild my mileage and consistency over the next few months.

Catch you in a week punters! After that, I am off on holidays for a couple of weeks to the Gold Coast .

8 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger miners said...

Good baby-stepping goals Wobbs. Gold Coast will be a huge party with very few PGers not in attendance, so it gets my vote for the return ;)

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Wobbly. Enjoy your Gold Coast trip.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wobbly who?

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey duncan, welcome back,
i would just stick to 3 times a week at the moment, and build it from there.
maybe aim for a 5km or 10km in a month or two.
not sure of getting rid of the orthotics,
mine are a godsend. maybe you need to update them.i updated mine recently and have had no probs. i am aiming for canberra in april.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

there you are again! controversial - ditching the orthotics but look forward to hearing how it goes!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Wondered how you were going. Shame about Canberra - I hope the new shoes fix the shins. Give the Garmin a run occassionaly or he'll forget how to do it.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Good to hear from you again!

Don't take it so badly, I read that is good to save the long runs for the marathon training. At this point enjoyements sounds like the best option for you.
Still you can choose among many events around there!

Happy holidays!!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Glad to see you didn't carry out your threat to stop blogging entireley Wobbly.

Here's to GC!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home