Monday, November 06, 2006

Ain't Nobody But Me

It seems my slack ways returned very quickly readers. I have however, turned over a new blogging leaf today. I miss all your funny and supportive comments on my blog and the kinda cathartic experience that blogging is to me. I suppose it makes me stop to review my training and also what is happening in my life in general. Apart from that, I suppose there may be a teensy bit of attention seeking going on too...

After pulling up really well from a 14k (8.7mile) slow, easy run with Holly and Greybeard yesterday, I feel like I am ready to train properly again. My temporarily scabby legs from the shave down have now cleared up and I am niggle free once again.

My main goal at present is to build a sound (aka injury/niggle free) training base before the end of the year for my Canberra marathon push in April '07. My plan is like this:

October - nothing over 8kms (max 3 times a week) and all runs at easy pace on a mix of surfaces. Targeted total 40 kms/25mile (a lower back problem stopped me from running for 2 weeks - total kms = 25kms/15.5mile) All runs without a watch.

November - start to do some faster runs toward the end of the month and building my longer runs (every second week) up to 16kms/10mile by the end of the month. Targeted total 100kms/62 mile All runs without a watch.

December - all going well, build my long runs (still every second week) up to 25kms/15.5mile and a total of about 150kms/93mile (175kms/109mile if I feel it is going really well). All runs without a watch.

My ever so boring exterior house painting continues at home and the highlight of our weekend was wobblette #2 winning her little athletics pentathlon on the weekend. She was so proud standing on the podium!

Enough from me, I am now off to spend some time catching up with all of you via your blogs. Mind you, with 382 blogline posts showing as unread, that "mark all read" button is looking waaay tempting...

24 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Welcome back! Good to hear from you and that you are back running with clear training plans!

How happy are you now running again?

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

Good to hear your back and I'll be able the cheer for you in Canberra.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Great to see your well and niggle free WM !

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

there you are!! 382 is a lot. i reckon you would be within your rights to mark them all read and start from the next one that comes up....

:)

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Sounds like a solid plan Wobbly. You'll have a good base by going into it steady like that.

Can't wait for Canberra to come around.

Did you know it is only 7 weeks until Christmas???????????

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good to have you back Wob ;-)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Would you like to introduce yourself? ;)

The pentathlon is a good test of athletic talent - Woohoo wobblette #2!

Do you really have to pander to all your overseas fans by including mile distances?

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Howdy Stranger :-)

Welcome back. We've missed you.

To save time don't bother reading my blog, same old same old in there.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Great to see you back Wobbly. Here's to niggle free running!

Have a good Cup day!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

"Mark all read" Button??? Can you do that?? Where is it?!?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Man, I'm up to 78 unread entries & am very tempted to go for the 'mark all read' button....

BTW - welcome back. YOu have been missed :-)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Hi lovely.
((Insert funny and supportive comment here....))

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Hi stranger! Good to hear you have a plan for canberra marathon!
And don't talk to me about how many uread blog posts you have - I have waaaay more than that!
Well done to Woblette#2 - that's quite an achievement!
Welcome back and there will be regular updates, won't there??!!!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Welcome back. Canberra will be under siege! Have mercy after the sack.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger D said...

wow - you have me beat on needing to catch up on blogs. I had 214 - I have 191 to go. . .

Your plan looks good!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

that's a plan, wobbly man ... head for canberra, something something can (kinda lost the momentum at the end, sorry)

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you WW ..... ?

Eat Em

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger D said...

Thank you! Are you catching up yet on those blogs?

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger SRR said...

I hate hate hate being that far behind blogs! :-)

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jen said...

So what happened to your plan to turn over a new blogging leaf?

:-)

Hugs my friend

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

ah... NY Oct 07... some may say that is a little more exciting than rotto... i would personally have to agree...

:)

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Nice to have you back! I was getting worried! :-)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Stopping by to wish you & your lovely family a very happy Christmas, Wobbly; hope our paths cross again sometime, somewhere!

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Merry Christmas to you and the whole Wobbly family.

See ya in 2007!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home