Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Run report :)

It's difficult to put into words my current sense of excitement! During the past three months while I have been unable to run, I (and my family also) have gone through some changes. I left the company I was working with for the past 2 years (for a much better job) and we have had some issues at home that have now happily been resolved with terrific outcomes for all concerned. Being an emotional person by nature, and with these big changes going on I have to some degree, felt pretty exhausted and not really feeling like I wanted to write much here. I've taken the opportunity to also think about where running "fits" into my life (both now and in the medium long term).

I have on my desk here at work, a description of a butterfly's life cycle - as seen through the eyes of Wobblette #2 (6.5yo) - see below.

Baterfly

Suffice to say I too feel like a new Baterfly today - at the start of another life cycle :)

*SLAP!* - enough naval gazing Wobbly Man!!

My 4km run was fantastic!! Apart from the delay in getting out the door which was caused by forgetting where everything was, I found that within a few mins I had settled into a comfy rhythm and was in a great mental space. Holly (the ever happy lab) had also quickly settled into her rhythm, her tail happily wagging away while she trotted along beside me. I didn't run with, need, or miss my watch (thanks for the very "timely" reminder D).

At about half way, I had a forced myself to have a good think about how my body was feeling. First thing I noticed was how good my legs were feeling (completely pain free), how heavy I felt, how much my waist was jiggling, and finally, that I think I could feel my man boobs bouncing! Thinking of Kramer in that Seinfeld episode with the "Manzierre", or was it a "Bro"?, I caught myself smiling a few times as Holly and I continued our run through, and around, a local golf course. Running is fun!

Holly and I managed the 4km (2.5miles) loop without stopping and I felt great the whole way around - my legs don't feel stiff and Holly's tail was still wagging when we got home.

It's nice to feel like a runner again. *grins*

Edit to thank the various PG, CR and RBF members (you know who you are) who have been there to offer their support over the last few months - you guys/gals are awesome!

19 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Good stuff WM. Great to see that there is lots of positive stuff happening in your life. Being back running is the icing on the cake. :)

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Dave said...

Welcome back Wobbly!!!!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger miners said...

Gets my vote for blog-post of the year :)

Great to have you back messr baterfly

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

I can imagine it is a great feeling being back running.

Take it easy on the return and don't rush too quickly in building up again. The cocoon is a nice place to be for awhile anyway ;-)

 
At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Wobbly! Maybe sometime in the post-Tibet future we can try a lunchtime run up the Yarra to the Tan together?

Good luck for cycling next weekend!

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Jen said...

LOL.

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big hugs D. So glad to hear that you are back on the road.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hello

I'm new to blogging and I've just come across yours. I like the style you write in and will come back to take a look from time to time. Good luck with the new projects. That "baterfly" post and drawing are excellent.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

How excited I felt reading your report, believe me. Those envy days are on the past!!
Keep enjoying, at this pace you will reach your next marathon easily.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger D said...

It's so nice that you are running (and blogging)again. These big life changes can be very stressful. Running is certainly important during these times. It looks like everything is moving in the right direction for you. (Glad you ran without your watch - it seems to make the run so much more enjoyable!)

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Bernie G said...

Wow, I was really pleased to read you are back running again. I bet it feels good physically and mentally.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Flah Mah little Baterfly, Flah! Great to see you are running again. Big hugs! No sign of man-boobs when I last saw you. I think you are being an over-emotional drama queen. ;-)

From one emotional sort to another.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Great to see you are back runnng AND blogging! I can totally relate that when you are unable to run you don't want to blog...especially if you are essentially writing a running blog.

Also good to read that things are getting sorted, don't disappear for so long next time :-)

B

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Flight of the Wobbly Baterfly you bloody little beaut!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

I can feel your smile from here... :-)

Gnome

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger susie said...

And what a wonderful feeling it is...good for you WM. Patience is everything:)

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Great run report Wobbly Man!

LOL your reference to Kramer. Too funny. Now that you are running again you will be able to snap back into shape quite quickly.

Looking forward to more insightful run reports....

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Great to see you're back in every sense!
Sad that I missed dinner in Sydney the other week by a couple of days!
Go the bro!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Ewen said...

Wobblette #2 is insightful. Holly is happy :)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger SRR said...

YEAH!!!! You're back! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home