Monday, October 02, 2006

One week on and ...

...this slacker has done virtually nothing when it comes to exercise!

With needing to travel with work last week I couldn't get out on my bike and as it has been a while since I travelled with work, I forgot to take any gym or swimming gear - despite staying in nice hotels with gyms and pools. Doh!!

While away I met with lots of Cool Runners and was kept wonderfully entertained. Thank you Jen, Owl, Kevin, Ellie, Mark, Cirque and Owen for your company in Sydney and Brisbane . What a wonderful running/blogging community I am lucky to be a part of!

Since July 4th, which coincidentally is my brother's birthday (which I forgot again), I have been (not so) patiently unable to run due to my shin "issues" and counting down the days to my next run. Well its nearly 90 days now and my legs feel fresh and as good as new. I think I will go out for a small run tonight after work - just 20 mins worth to see how good or bad my fitness level is. I have chocked on a few extra kilos in the past months too so it's going to be ugly I suspect and best done under the cover of darkness - don't need the general public unnecessarily alarmed.

Thanks everyone for your very kind comments and support following my last post. You folk keep me motivated and inspired and for that I can't thank you enough!

9 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Jen said...

My pleasure my friend :-)

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

nice to meet you finally! now i have you on bloglines i will be watching the comeback attentively! good luck with tonights run :)

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Hope you managed to get out there wobbly even for a 20min run. But don't worry. It will hurt and you will feel all sorts of pain - real and imagined.

thats normal.

Looking forward to reading some regular postings of your adventures - would surely be fab to have you there at Canberra in 2007!!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Look forward to seeing the reports on your successful comeback Wobs - sorry I missed you in Sydney.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

OK, it's after work. How'd it go?... We wait with bated breath :-)

Gnome

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

What are you doing, wasting time on the blog? Get out there and run. You've got some fitness to regain!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Ewen said...

I hope it went well Wobbly. From little things, big things grow. Take it easy mate. One training day at a time.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger susie said...

Isn't the RBF a wonder? I can't imagine my life without it.
Glad to hear you are getting out there again....take care

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Good luck on your debut!!!
How exciting!!

How nice it is to be part of this community despite I don't know you... hope someday... But being here is a crucial part of my motivation!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home