Monday, October 09, 2006

Its all good so far...

With a total of three 4km runs in the last week I am starting to relax that things are all good again.

Yesterday Wobblette #2 and I took off with our pom poms and cow bells to cheer on the 2hr+ half marathoners and the full marathoners that were finishing in up to 5hrs during the Melbourne Marathon. With three hours of cheering my throat, legs and arms were sore and in need of a break - at one point we resorted to laying on the ground and cheering from a horizontal position with pom poms waving in the air. I would have loved to have stayed longer but Wobblette #2 was getting cold and had by then finished saving all the beetles she could find on the nature strip.

After packing W#2 in to the car with Mrs W I went to congratulate the runners and sooth my throat with a couple of ales at Transport pub. It's great to sit with those that were enjoying their post run highs and also great to meet and chat to a few of the interstate runners. Fascinating also to get an insight from one of the massage girls on how their day had been.

I have only 3 small, easy runs planned this week before my 210km cycle this weekend. Following that, I will scale down the riding a bit and slowly build my distances up to about 10kms over the rest of October. If I can run 40kms this month without any issues I will be a very happy puppy

11 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea that was you. Toasty had to tell me. I know you saw me. ...unless there were other runners in bright orange and pink floral tops and a skirt.

you would put the san diego cheerleaders to shame! A+ for effort!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work cheerleading WM AND on the RUNNING ;-)

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Thanks for the cheer along while running down St Kilda rd. You looked to be very animated, and doing some vigorous cheering at the time.

Good luck with building up your running base again.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Yay, he's back! Here's to a successful return to running and no more injuries. I'm down in Melbourne next week, not sure of the exact itinerary but maybe we can catch up for a coffee at least.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Wobbly and little one. If I wasn't smiling externally I was internally. It certainly took my mind off the job for a minute or two.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger miners said...

fantastic to hear the running's still coming along - and it sounds like you're becoming fairly proficient with the pom poms. You might be able to teach the PG girls a few tricks soon!

(btw - love the jersey photos mate - and the decor of your bedroom is just divine)

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That is a good tip! Horizontal pom pom waving - I like it.

Glad the running is progressing happily :)

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Love the horizontal pom-pom waving. Might have to talk to Owly about introducing that move up here!

I'm so glad to hear that you are running well again. Good luck with your big ride!!

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger susie said...

happy puppy, indeed. Woof Woof!! and way to go!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

Well done re the cheering...I'm sure the ales fixed your throat right up!
Have a good ride - 210km is huge...and I assume you're wearing the outfit you were showing off ;)

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

I knew you'd be back. You can keep a good (Wobbly) man down :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home