Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend update

No running this weekend as I'm afraid my shin is giving me a little curry still. Maybe Tuesday PM I will go for a wee run and see how things are going.

On Saturday I went for a 60k ride down to Frankston and back. I was supposed to meet a mate but was running late and he and his group had taken off by as I was 8 minutes late. I set off on the planned course anyway and rode on my own the entire way down and managed to get in a good average speed of about 28kmph. Anyway, that speed equates to a fairly hard ride for me and I forgot about my intention to cycle to the top of Oliver's Hill (in the background) before turning around! I got there but I was well and truly done by the top. Man that is one tough hill to ride up! Easy ride home on my own still and then a lazy BBQ at home for some friends we hadn't caught up with for a while.

This morning was a 30k recovery ride to Cafe Racer for an espresso coffee and a custard doughnut.

I cooked our favourite baked parmesan chicken dinner tonight and am thinking an early night might be in order. I hope everyone else had good ones too. Toddles...

9 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Doughnuts and riding? Is that allowed WM? :-)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Olivers Hill sounds like a tough, steep turn around.

No falls this ride? Maybe the bike riding lesson did have some value?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger miners said...

Sorry to hear about the ongoing problems with the shins - but great to hear you're keeping up with the cycling, particularly in this winter!

nice work on the average speed too!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Apart from the shin it all sounds like fun Wobbles ;-)

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Good onya wobbly!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Hope the shin is better, how could this happened?
I already saw I´ve been tagged by you some days ago... I will answer, thanks :D

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

And I love your pijamas with pandas, is that the way the aussie men go to bed??? mmmmmm

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Glad you succeed in finding fun despite the shin problems. Parmesan chicken dinner: did the chicken agree?

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger SRR said...

POST ALREADY!! Where are you WM??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home