Sunday, July 30, 2006

Weekend stuff

Saturday morning I was up early and despite rain showing on the weather radar I decided to ride anyway. I went down to Mt Eliza village and back again which is a 55km round trip with two monster hills at the half way point. I imagined I was in the TdF (but drug free) and pushed hard up the hills - despite how steep they were. It felt great to have pushed myself much harder than I usually do.

After getting home Wobblette #2 and I quickly went to collect some picnic stuff which I converted into picnic sandwiches and we all piled into the car for the quick trip to the Dandenongs and a rainforest walk
followed by yummy hot chocolates. A very successful family outing.

This morning I enjoyed a delicious sleep-in and then set off at about 9am for a ride down to Station Pier (45k round trip) into a stiff headwind. Fortunately for me a pack of 8 os so cyclists went by early in my ride so I tagged onto their group for most of the trip to Station Pier. A quick late and a custard doughnut at Cafe Racer which was packed and buzzing and I cruised home assisted by the tail wind. The rest of the day has been spent making breakfast for the family, fixing (dog) chewed outdoor lighting cables, washing naughty dog, a quick trip to the hardware store to fill the gas bottle and assembling a secret code door opener for W2. I managed a blissful half hour snoozing on the bed too!

Edit: Susie, can you e-mail me your blog addy please?

14 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger filipelamas said...

Congratulations on your blog! Keep up the good work!
Portugal

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

I am envious to see you with such clothes and to know that you are under the rain! Here the heat rules. Beautiful pictures!

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Ok, now I am envy, look at the place where you live at, it is beautiful!

Great weekend you had there!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

This is my own recipe and in fact, I use PAM!

Huevos Rancheros 2 portions
4 eggs
4 tortillas
1 cup Red Salsa
Grated Mozzarella cheese
Smashed refried beans.
Red Salsa.
Put in the mixer 2-4 tomatoes, half onion, salt, one clove of garlic and fresh or dried chilies. To cook the salsa spray some PAM on the frying pam and put the pure to broil there, just until it is hot.
Fry the tortillas in small amount of oil or with PAM. Fry (use oil or PAM) the eggs sunnyside up. Place the tortillas on a plate. Add the beans and then the fried eggs. Pour the salsa over the eggs. Top with grated cheese.
Enjoy!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I've emailed you about next weekend if you're free for coffee or somethiing next sat.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I grew up in the Dandenongs and hated the place when I was a kid. No public transport, nothing to do.

I sure have a greater appreciation of Sherbrooke Forest as a adult. Been planning to run throught there for a long time.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

How beautiful! Both the country and the family :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger miners said...

sounds like a great weekend - except for the suspicious-looking sub-arctic jackets in the photo ;)

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Kurt said...

Looks like a blast of a day. Way to go.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

Just stopping by your bog . . . how funny to see the family photos in coats when the rest of the globe seems to be suffering from a heat wave! Your ride sounds like fun in the city with lots to see.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger owen said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend!

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Thomas said...

Ah, at least my 2-year old isn't chewing cables. Note to self: don't get a dog until I can cope with the kids.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Great weekend Wobbly! I hope you survive the no running!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Wobbly, a letter from Wobblette Anna was waiting for me when I returned from America...

So thoughtful - I loved the handwritten Ewens. Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home