Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Wednesday Envy

I have spent today feeling envy. I'm not sure why, but this morning I woke really feeling like I wanted to go for a run. I took one quick peak at the box of brand new Adrenalines that have been waiting in the wardrobe for a month now and reminded myself that it is only 28 days since my last run and I have another 79 days before I can start to train again - fucking great!! How am I ever going to cope? I envy my friends and fellow bloggers that are running - even when they write about having a bad run I envy them. Maybe I should put one of those countdown things at the top of my blog to remind me that one day I will be able to run again...

Just to remind me of my inability to run I back out of the drive this morning and nearly bowl over a local runner who was out enjoying the morning mist and not anticipating a car to come screaming out of a quiet driveway at my usual break-neck speed.

I get to work and chat to one of the ladies at the coffee machine who turns out to be training for the Melbourne Marathon this year - I express some interest and she proceeds to download for 20mins on how great her training is going..... fucking great! The most involved I will be this year will be handing out green or blue icy poles around the 35km mark.

In the meantime I will keep putting in the hard rides on my bike so I can finish the 210km Round the bay in a day ride on 15 October. After that I will start back running again.

The Tooth Fairy did indeed visit the other night and left a $2 coin which was proudly taken to "show and tell" along with the sparkly fairy dust that found. Maybe TF couldn't find anything smaller - I dunno, I'm just guessing!

14 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Doing 210km on a bike is still a great effort. At least you are staying active.

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

It is incredible the things that a runner can suffer... sounds like your moho is completely back, but still you can't run!!

How do you know when? I guess I missed that part!

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger D said...

I'm sorry Wobbly. I certainly know the feeling.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

I know what you mean. I was very envious of everyone earlier this year. You're doing the right thing though.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

(((((((((((D)))))))))))))))))

Seems Running Gods have set you some mental toughening train. Doesn't it just suck? To borrow 2P's fave "and whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should". Keep venting the frustration - it's healthy. Just remember this too shall pass.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oops I meaning "training" not train!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I meant not meaning. Oh I give up!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

Gees you must be really pissed if you are now attempting run over your fellow runners. I am glad your a Mexican ;-).

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Bernie G said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hmmm, and I thought Bernie G was a Mexican. Not sure what that makes you - Brazilian?

It does seem a bloody long time until you can start again, that's because it is a long time. You have my sympathy. The time I had off recently drove me crazy (granted, it wasn't a long drive).

But at least you can cycle (I couldn't) and that is going to make you so much stronger when you start running again, especially when it comes to hills. Not to mention it will keep you so fit.

Meanwhile, keep on whinging. You have every right to do so.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

{{{{{{{wobbles}}}}}}

Yep, you have the right to be p'ed. You do not, however, have the right to run over other runners. A jury of CRs probably wouldn't convict you but I'm pretty sure a normal one would.

Hey, how's that Owly for stealing people's sayings? "This too shall pass" is mine, dammit.

Time to pop back into MSN, I miss the chats.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Jen said...

I hear you dude.

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sucks - hang in there and you will be a very welcome site at 35 kms mate.

Take care and see you on the road during the RTB ride.

Eat Em

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Legs and Wings said...

All that grief...and the lure of new shoes in the closet - that's pain! Hold on to hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home