Thursday, July 06, 2006

Thursday update

It's amazing how quickly days can slip by when you are on holidays. Seems like I just started my hols and no sooner am I counting down the last few days until I start work again. I'm left wondering how I will ever get the things done that I originally had on my list.

Last entry I went for a five 6k run after a big ride. I followed that up with a 5k TT at the Gunn Runners Tuesday evening run. It was great to get down for a run with that bunch as I have been wanting to for a couple of years but work always seem to intervene. On holidays it seemed like I had no valid excuse - just as well. I had a great time, caught up with Sharon who I hadn't seen in ages and pushed my tired old legs harder than they had in a long time! I have no idea how slow I was but I know I gave 100% and I felt as spent as I have after .....anything! Pity my dear old L shin has decided to remind me that running two days in a row is a definite No No at this point - not without ice and a massage (both of which have been neglected recently).

On the bike front I went and got a lesson on Wednesday PM - just riding basics really, braking, stopping, cornering, balance, where to look etc. All intended to make me a safer rider and one that can avoid accidents rather than creating or being involved in them!

Golf tomorrow followed by finishing off the car detailing. Have a great weekend everyone!

Special hugs to Ms B - you are in my thoughts mate!

8 Comments:

At 11:25 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Good to see you wont be such a menace on the roads now!

Also good to see you stringing some runs together too ;-)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

They really do lessons on riding a bike?? Did you learn anything new?

I have had the last two weeks on leave and it is quickly drawing to a close when I have to go back to work this Sunday dang it!

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Wobbly - PLEASE don't run two days in a row until we know you're all fixed. I don't want you to break again.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger SRR said...

That's because I swear time on holidays somehow speeds up!! Don't you just hate that?!

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Poor old legs & poor old shin..I don't wsant to hear any more expressions like that ever again from a youngster like yourself, Wobbly.

Poor old thing has to go back to work..Ha! Ha!

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Taunya said...

Take care of those shins. Ouch!

That the thing about vacations. They're too short no matter how long they are, and they go way to fast.

 
At 6:39 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

If only I were as fast as the holidays......

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Holidays seem to be on a different time zone! Take care of the shins :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home