Saturday, July 15, 2006

Rain, rain go away...

The forecast for the weekend is rain. Not just a bit of rain but a whole weekend of the stuff! Yes, I know we are in drought conditions, and we desperately need a few big dumps of the stuff to add to the dwindling reservoirs but I had plans to be "happily" tackling Oliver's Hill once again today and tomorrow. Given my abysmal riding skills I don't ride in the rain yet, even though I just luurve to run in it!

Here is the current weather radar picture. Arrowed is about where I live (ie - f'n wet). It's now 4pm on Saturday and the rain hasn't stopped all day. It's not fair! It can rain all it likes during the week or at night but I NEED my exercise time or the Levis I have just bought over ebay (yes, I am an ebay addict) which are somewhat ambitiously one size smaller than my current hole ridden ones are never going to fit!

I took the kids to Cafe Racer for lunch and hot chocolates today and they thought that was just the best. Danny, who runs the show down there has a great flair for creating a great cafe atmosphere and employs the most friendly energetic staff anywhere. The place just has the right "buzz" about it that sits really well with me!

On the running front I have nothing to report except that I have decided to not run for a few months - my stoopid shin is still complaining and I'm sick of it, so it's time to give it all a big rest. I will start again in late September or early October and hopefully be back to my normal, slow self by Christmas. While I am not running I am still fantasizing about it... I'm thinking of ponytails with strong thighs.... *slap*! Did I say that?

The bike should keep me aerobically fit (particularly now I have good night lights) so long as I can used to getting up early in the morning to get a ride in before work. The Tour de France is telecast live here in the middle of the night (generally finishing around 1:30 -2:00am) so I have been going to bed, setting the alarm and tuning in for the last hour before going back to sleep. Needless to say I'm sleeping on the couch while doing this so I don't disturb Mrs W's sleep.

Speaking of Mrs W, she is out with some girlfriends tonight so I am about to start preparing dinner for the wobblettes - marinated chicken stips in tacos (one of their favourites). It's also a great dish to get them involved in the preparation.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Later, Wm

PS Lastly: Does anyone know how to change a recording into a ringtone for a mobile phone?

7 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

While driving a train to Frankston today I noticed a few brave souls out riding on the Nepean Hwy. Crazy stuff!

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Will you just resign like that? Ok, seems like you are loving the bike, good for you :)

Post photos with all the nice family cooking, sounds great!!

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger SRR said...

"thinking of ponytails with strong thighs," huh? Well that eliminates me WM. Boo-Hiss! Oh well...Maybe next time...

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Sorry to see the shin is keeping you out of action WM.

BTW, you need a sound editor (Google it as shareware) so that you can crop the sound bite that you have and save it as an mp3 for upload to your phone.

Take care mate. :)

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger R2B said...

You'll hate it WB but the rest will do you good and you will come back keener than ever!

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shin soreness is the pits - but the rest should see it gone.

In the mean time you have the bike - you will just have to look for ponytails on wheels ....

Take care & catch up soon

Eat Em

PS : I did chicken pieces in wraps on Saturday nite for my girls too - only difference was they were 'too busy' to help - so they got to do the dishes .... :-)

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a good idea to give your shin a proper rest but it's a tough decision to make. I had enough trouble having two weeks off and I think that probably wasn't enough. We'll see.

Hope its not still raining.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home