Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm spent...

The weekend - phew, I'm totally exhausted!! 6am Saturday (4 degrees C/39 degrees F)-I was out for a 55k ride down beach Rd to Frankston and back. It was so cold that I head to get off in Frankston and rub my toes for 10mins until a bit of feeling came back. When I got home I spent another 15 mins rubbing feeling back into my blue toes, had a quick shower and off to a 9:00am appointment with the tax agent to reconcile my tax matters for the past financial year - (yeah me, the expected tax refund nearly wipes out the unexpected tax bill I received in March from a financial return a couple of years ago). A 10:30am tour of Wobblette #1's new school followed. It looks like a fantastic school and I hope we can get #2 there also in a couple of years. At 12:30 and we went to Nana and Pop's for a quick lunch and farewell as they are heading North for a few weeks into warmer climes.

After racing home it was a quick house clean and ballon inflating to prepare the house for the sleep-over birthday party for Wobblette #1 (now 11). Four additional kids in the house I have have concluded, results in chaos and I gave up pretty quickly (about 7:30pm) trying to maintain any semblance of control, and instead headed upstairs with Wobblette#2 leaving the party to the ever patient Mrs W.

My morning the revellers were in need of something substantial to eat so a pancake breakfast was prepared by the very tired
master chef. Shortly after breakfast it was time for birthday cake and then stuffed and exhausted, (and on big sugar highs) the revellers departed. Wobblette #2 was then treated to a secret lunch with dad at Cafe Racer where inside the world's best brownies and custard filled doughnuts were shared and washed down with a hot chocolate and a latte.

It's now late afternoon and I'm desperately looking for somewhere quiet in the house for a little "nana nap"! Or maybe I just need a stiff drink? Edit to add I opted for the drink!!!

7 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

A stiff drink AND a nap is in order I think.

Looks like a lovely school. I'm sure A will be very happy there!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger owen said...

Good to see the weather cleared for a ride (despite the frostbite). Hope your pancake skills are better than mine!

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I'm still living through those sleep-over birthday partys. 5 or so excited, sleepless young ladies is very tiring.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger owen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Tax scares me!

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Downhillnut said...

Ah yes, we're coming up to birthday season again in our house next month. It's not any easier with boys, either.

Cool cafe!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger PortRunr said...

That's quite a weekend there...I imagine if you don't get the excercise out of the way early you've got no chance!
I see much of this in my future :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home