Sunday, July 16, 2006

Happy Days!

The rain continued to fall and fall, but thankfully it did clear a little on Sunday morning - enough for me so slip out on some damp roads for a ride anyway.

I rode down to Mt Eliza this time (total round trip of about 65+kms) and managed to conquer Oliver's Hill the hard way. Yeah me! I did it by riding in a group of about 10 riders of the Bayside Tri Cluband saying to myself on the way up "I was not going to be beaten by either of the pony tails in the pack. Even though I was beaten by them both, they did distract me long enough for me to get me up the hill without stopping.

After the hill they all sped away while I caught my breath and decided to meander into Mt Eliza village. After catching my breath and now oozing with confidence, I turned for home and was quickly picked up again by the Bayside Tri club pack so I tagged on again for the trip back to Black Rock where we all stopped for a coffee. I found out their training rides and runs times and I'm sure to get out with them again.

Just to clarify my previous post, running is my game, not cycling! Cycling, while more social, is a distant second. Sadly though, my shins are not co-operating and the run early last week went for about 500m before the strong boney pain came back. If I stop running now and allow enough time for a full recovery, it will allow me enough time to to get back into it Late Sept/Early Oct) and then rebuild my base enough for another tilt at the Canberra Marathon in April'07. The bike will see me thorough a few months happily (even though I admire/envy all of the runners I pass) and I can still fantasise about running can't I?

9 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Of course you can. We just want to see a photo of you all dressed up in your lycra!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Ahhh..that place looks beautiful! I want to visit there! Can I come?

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger SRR said...

WM...Scroll back a few posts and you will see my "ink" up close.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

The worst thing is that the shin in fact wasn't injuried because of running, grrrrr!

It is great you are having fun on the bike, that is what really counts on life :)

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Take the better from the situation, enjoy the bike and the landscapes. Very soon you will be again a threat for your age group!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

Ahhhh I forgot, please send a little of rain here!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Ahhh, the hidden beauty of the Mornington Peninsula. It does have its moments.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

There's worse things to fantasise about:) We know you're not really being unfaithful to your true love.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

The cross training will help you recover faster and make you a stronger runner with time. Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home