Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday's activities

What a great weekend it has been. After yesterday's ride/run I slept like a baby and didn't get up until about 8:30.

My legs were feeling a bit sore (my rear-end was faring worse) so what better way to remedy the situation than hop back on the bike. I powered my way down to the St.Kilda mecca for cyclists - Cafe Racer where by chance I met an old work buddy who is my cycling guru and a member of the Bayriders cycling club. I felt privileged to join his group for coffees and custard filled doughnuts (not so good for my waistline but I had to be polite, right?) at their "usual table". I confess to feeling like a cycling impostor sitting with these serious cyclists but had a great time catching up with Glenn and meeting some of his cycling buddies.

Glenn rode with me for a third of the way home and I rode with one of his buddies for the rest of the way to Beaumaris. A great ride of about 25kms a bit faster than expected but great fun.

The afternoon was spent attending at the local hardware store where Wobblette # 2 became a dog and I picked some shower fittings and then read the paper over another coffee! The shower fittings are half fitted but I need smaller screws now because I drilled the holes too small and have already rammed the plugs home. Typical me! What do they say about measuring twice before doing handyman jobs?

While I'm waiting for tonight's BBQ dinner to cool down enough to eat I'm sitting down blogging and enjoying a beer while thinking about if my blogging mate Running Rabbit would be feeling like a drink at the moment! Cheers RR! Two rides and no falls - that's got to be worth celebrating!

5 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Ha ha, when I first read "my rear-end was faring worse" I thought it said "my rear-end was farting worse" :-))))

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

I just wonder when will you be back running... I like the bike but not even a shadow of how I enjoy running :)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I feel like a running imposter the times I have met you and others Ripe and other events.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Oh Honey...a drink?! I couldn't possibly pass a drink up with you! **wink wink**

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good to hear the legs felt ok for a run!!! Wow your into the bike... good on you, that will burn off the 5kg's quickly!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home