Saturday, June 24, 2006

Saturday ride - disappointing for the wrong reasons

This week at work has been frantic! I am mentally exhausted. The end of the financial year is peak workload time for me. I did however manage a 30 minute run on Tuesday evening - very happy with that. My fitness has fallen away during my break - I needed one walk break this time. Next one I'll will be trying for none.

A last minute txt message received yesterday had me out for an early ride this morning. It seems like I have become the riding apprentice of my running apprentice (life always has balance huh?). This morning we headed out for a ride down to Station Pier and back (a 45km round trip). I was planning on a 30 minute run afterwards but figured that could wait until tomorrow as the ride was faster and harder than last week.

All the way down there I was salivating at the thought of a custard filled doughnut and a strong cafe latte down at Cafe Racer - that is what kept me grinding away up the hills (well that and following a cute blonde ponytail for a while). Arriving early before the crowd we collapsed onto the stools and ordered only to be told that the doughnuts are only available on Sundays - doh!! Two coffees each, a quick chin-wag and we headed off for the last 15kms home. My legs feel really worked now. I love that feeling of having worked out hard at the start of a weekend. No falls again!

Poor Wobblette # 1 is dragging herself around the house today as she has picked up the tummy bug that # 2 had a week ago. The forever to be postponed Yum Cha lunch has now been postponed for yet another week!

I'm off to the Vic Markets this afternoon with Wobblette # 2 to pick up some goodies for dinner this afternoon, With luck we will have time to stop in at Acland street for coffee and a littletreat.

11 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger miners said...

what - the disappointment was the lack of donuts?? No crashes to report?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Katie said...

mmmmmm donuts!Good way to start the weekend!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

No, dear Wobbly. LL

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Please don't post about yummy foods. Makes me salivate just reading your posts lately.

Great news you kept upright again. Won't be expecting to hear of any more falls now...

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Did you catch the blonde ponytail?

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Wobbly man said...

Oh Cirque! You didn't really think I was really trying to catch her did you? It was the drafting I was more interested in.... ;)

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, that's a great looking cake shop!

Please pass on my thanks to Anna Banana for her lovely letter, it was so cute. And such a nice surprise. Hope her readathon is still going well.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger RAY O'SUNSHINE said...

Austrailia, eh? Pour me a Fosters, mate! Thanks for checking out my blog!! RR is one of my favorite friends!! (unless she has been drinking and throws my slipper over the balcony) Keep on posting! You are the first person from Austrailia I have ever communicated with unless you count Nicole Kidman. I would yell at my TV screen when I would see her with Tom Cruise....I knew that was all WRONG!! Were you invited to her's and Keith's wedding?

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Gald to see you found a bike whilst we were away and you've mastered the shoe cleet thingies. I always laugh when Mr lulu comes back with some story of falling off at the traffic lights.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Ah yes, I am a fan of the inspirational draft from time to time while running. Almost more than doughnuts, almost.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Isn't funny how those cute blonde ponytails reduce those mountains to molehills?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home