Wednesday, June 28, 2006

2 week holiday

I'm the first to admit that I have been indulging a little too much since my injury and the end result of this is extra weight and a big loss of fitness. While I am on holidays for the next 2 weeks I intend to turn this around and get my metabolism back fired up and burning strongly again.

So much for my planned 60k bike ride early this morning, instead I slept in. I think the emotional energy involved with leaving my job and the end of financial year work-load really left me more tired than realized. With the adrenaline levels down - I was feeling zonked.

Despite this I managed a 1hr hard ride and also a 6k run without stopping (yeah me!). I'm sure Holly the lab was equally shocked. What a feeling of accomplishment I got! I didn't use my orthotics and used my old Brooks Dyads as an experiment - if I am only running two or three times a week for a while, I think I will use them and see if my shin responds any better. If not, I will be heading to a new podiatrist for a second opinion on my orthotics and running shoes. Having spent what seems like a bazillion $'s on orthotics/adjustments, physios, osteos and myotherapists and having spent many weeks not running I'm not convinced I have received the best professional advice. I might well be wrong but I need to be sure. I just want to be back running normally again - like I was last year or early this year - I need it!!

A fellow blogger recently teased me about my pajama preferences. It got me thinking that it might be fun to see what sleepwear some of us are using. Here is me trying to avoid showing my double chin to much in my winter PJ's. Now, who's game and who's next?

13 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I'm sorry. No photos from me - I don't wear PJs.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

hee heee I'm with Jen. Well not with her but in the same boat. Well not in a boat actually but oh what the hell - I don't wear PJ's either.

I have bed sox though!!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger miners said...

well I presume it wasn't owly that teased you about your PJ's as that would clearly be a case of glass houses ...

righto - will see what I can rustle up when I'm back from the GC - should tie in nicely with my reference to the Friday night SBS watching ;)

So, with your 2-week break are you going to re-set your body clock completely so you can watch le tour?

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger SRR said...

Hmmm...it's summer here...so that means I wear no PJ's or something pretty sexy from Victoria's Secret. But WTF, do you want pics of THIS posted? I'll have to think about that one. You know how to reach me **wink wink**

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hahahaha! Brilliant...Now I want to know why you were talking to a fellow blogger about what you wear in bed????????? Something you'd like to share with us dear Wobbly?

I'll see what I can come up with, I don't think it'll be any better than what you're wearing though! lol

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Usually I only wear a pair of Boxers to bed.

It is a real nasty look so don't expect a photo until I run myself into a muscle bound freaky Adonis!

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

They're not as bright as I was expecting, or is that just the light? I thought you said lime green!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Hmmmm...cute! Think I might pass on this photo shoot - my pjs are sooo daggy.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to see you up and running again!
i think a second opinion on orthotics
will be worth it,maybe go to active feet
for a foot anlyasis as well.
i have had some problems with my orthotics mainly blisters.
see you soon

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Ouch, so frustrating to be plagued with injuries, hope it heals soon.

PJ, hmmm, not really for me, never really been a fan...

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Black Knight said...

No Pj's only a t-shirt with short pants: very very casual. Good luck for you recover after the injury

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

I know what you mean about spending a fortune and still not being convinced anyone knows what they're talking about! Hope the experiment works for you.

No photos from the lulu household either.. no pjs here.

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I've already posted my pj photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home