Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Tuesday update

Many people....well a few .... actually one.... alright nobody has asked why I am not posting any running reports but I'm going to let you know anyway! Seriously though, thank you to those that have inquired recently.

Since the Canberra Marathon in early April I decided I would stop running for long enough to get over the growing list of little niggles/injuries I had been putting up with. During my time off I seem to have managed to injure my shin (I think I did it while running in my business shoes across a Melbourne Street trying to avoid the rain). I ran a week and a half ago (13k) and really enjoyed the run but my shin was very sore the next day (Grrr!). After a few days it felt fine so I waited a week and ran again last Saturday (7k) and again the next day it was very sore in one spot (double Grrr).

I am now waiting to see Dr Chris down at the Olympic Park Sports Medicine Clinic. The earliest appointment I could get is next Monday. I might just be being over-careful but I suspect it might be something worse - thus seeing a doctor rather than trying to ignore it and hope it goes away after a while like I usually do with sore stuff.

Apart from trimming hedges, pruning the roses, transplanting plants, washing/vacuuming cars (hence the rain this week), it was a quiet weekend - nothing worthy of getting the camera out really. The highlight for me was coffee and a hot chocolate with Wobblette # 1 in a cafe on Sunday morning.

Wobblette # 1 has asked me to mention that she is looking for sponsors (or donations) in this year's MS Readathon. This is her fourth year doing it. It started as a great way of getting her reading books and has now grown into her means of helping those less fortunate than herself. If you feel like you would like to help her, please do so via your comments (even if it is by way of encouragement)or you can e-mail her via at: anna.richardson@optusnet.com.au . She has an MS Society receipt book and will cheerfully send a receipt for any donations received (it's tax deductible) and a hand written thank you to anyone making donations.

10 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

You see? It is safer to keep running with niggles than just trying to avoid them... Grrr, you should be angry.

I would love to make a donation! If I known what is about to do... I'll e-mail her to be sure.

Good luck with your shin, recover soon, wish to hear form you after the doctor's appointment.

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Sorry about your shin. Get well soon.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Fingers crossed it is nothing serious. I have been a bit quiet too... so a bit slack on checking blogs :-)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

That's bad news about the shin Wobbly. I hope it's nothing serious.

Can I post some money?

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Hi Wobbly
Would you mind coming up here and washing my car too? I could really do with some rain.

I'm happy to sponsor the Wobblette. I'll email her.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Fingers crossed for the best outcome from the docs visit Wob. I know with my injury both the doc and I were expecting bad things from the MRI and both were pleasantly surprised. Hope your news is as good.

I too am happy to sponsor Woblette #1 and will drop her a line.

Fingers crossed for you!

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Oooh yeah which reminds me the Halfpenny has hit me up for this too....

Hope it all works out at the quacks ;-)

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

A break always helps, hope it does wonders for you and wish a speedy recovery.
Lots of luck to Wobblette #1...I'm sure she'll do great.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Hope your shin gets better soon! Good luck Wobblette #1 with the readathon! :)

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger allrounder said...

so how did the appointment go?

i remember doing the MS Readathon way back so would be happy to sponsor Wobblette #1! i will email her...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home