Sunday, May 07, 2006

Today's non-running activities

Today marks the end of the third week where I haven't run. The last time this happened was following my eye lasering operations last April. Back then I enjoyed the rest and used it to rest my body allowing me to fully recover from all the aches and pains that had been building up. I remember my first couple of runs and thinking how wonderful it was to be running completely pain free.

Where I live we back onto a golf course and on Firday one of the big gum trees just behind the back fence decided to turn up its toes. The wobblettes have now crowned themselves "queens of the tree".

Today the weather has been wicked to say the least (rain, hail and snow predicted down to 800m)! Down at sea level however, it was just windy and sometimes rainy. After providing Mrs W's birthday breakfast in bed, Wobblette # 2 and I headed to the local beach to give Holly a run off the lead and collect a few sea shells. Holly just loves it on windy days and chases everything including the froth from the waves as it is blown onto the beach.

With a big rain squal coming in over the bay we headed for the Ricketts Point Tea House for a latte and a yummy hot chocolatewhile it rained.

Bewtween rain squals we quickly headed for the car and were rewarded with the best rainbow ever!.

So ends today's non-running pictorial...

12 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mrs W! :-)

Gnome

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Beautiful photos W. Can't say I'd be willing to swap the Qld sunshine though.
Did you sort out the wrapping paper problem?

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Nice Pic's! Thanks for sharing :-)
How is your back? Mine is more my pelvis but also lower back... not sure which bit, I will ask. I hope your on the mend! I like you are enjoying the break.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Great to know about you and your nice family!

That work on wood from the last post is very nice, can I place an order so you start having work as you are retired??

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Good effort with such lousy weather to get out there and enjoy your Sunday.

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Great photos! Have to say you looked rather windswept! And did Mrs W enjoy her birthday!

3 weeks without running - I managed a week before I went a little stircrazy and my family pushed me out the door and implored me to run!

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

Love the pics Wob!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Awesome pictures and you got the rainbow too!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

You have a life Wobbly. Great photos!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Loved your non-running post, Wobbly & especially the photos! A breath of fresh air to read something other than running for a change! Can we have more?

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

I got cold just looking at the photos .... brrrrr.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger D said...

Great photos - I love the rainbow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home