Sunday, April 16, 2006

Memorable Canberra moments and what's next..

The three amigos - we trained together and all finished. (Wobbly, Cato and Greybeard)

Proof that running a marathon can actually be fun! (Plu and I show-boating for the cameras)

Okay, the pain is now subsiding and the memories of a fantastic weekend are still vivid. :)

This morning was a leisurely medium-long run with Greybeard, Cato, myself and Holly. We cruised up to Green Point and back for a nice little 17.6km round trip. My left knee and hip certainly enjoyed running more on the grass/trail than on the bike path but it was great to get out and get the blood pumping around again! The muscle soreness is almost gone.

I'm still taking my time on what races to run but I am considering some (not all) of the following. My two goals for the rest of the year are basically to try and better my 10k PB from September last year and improve my nearly 3 year old 1/2 PB:

14/5 Walhalla Wound up 19k
20/5 Mt Beauty 1/2
28/5 Williamston 1/2
2/7 Gold Coast Airport Marathon
23/7 Princess Park Half 28/8 Wili 2 Bili 36k
8/10 Melbourne Marathon (if it's on)

12 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Great pics WM and nice run only a week out.

Ohhh and a plan for a trail race too ;-)

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wobbly, you're a legend.....it took me a while to catch up with the CR thread on Canberra...WELL DONE!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey!! Are you doing the full or the half at GC?? I am going to do the half I think and then aim for Sydney Full... work really hard again and try and better my time... nothing like a challenging hilly course!

I will put my program together and email it to you. Sean basically had mne running 7 days. Monday recovery run, tues speed, Wed long run, Thurs hills/speed, Friday relaxed, Sat Relaxed, Sunday Long. I peaked with about 3 weeks where my kms were 95-98kms, lots of 80km weeks. I really think all the kms in the bank helped on the day... we were able to maintain our pace the whole way and did not fade. He works us REALLY hard ( which is why I can not face GC haha needed a bit of a break!) but it paid of brilliantly. I will put it in more detail and email you.

great to catch up on the weekend... even if it was briefly!

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Glad to hear you are back into it Wob!

Gold Coast - yay! Do it, do it, do it :-)

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Definitely looks funny, those faces say all, a marathon is the best!!!

Nice to hear you are back running and enjoying!

Go on, many events ahead!! I am so jealous!!

 
At 9:58 AM, Blogger Cirque said...

Don't mind which ones you do as long as GCM stays in there.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

Wow. 17k run the week after a marathon. I've planned two really easy weeks as the bare minimium.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow. Great photos and I'm glad to hear that you've recovered so well. But no C2S this year ?

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

The Wiliamstown 1/2 is on my next to do list. Hopefully I will meet you there.

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger psbowe said...

Look like you're having a great time, which is what counts!

THanks for stopping by my blog awhile back, sorry it's taken me this long to realize it.

Happy running now.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Great pics WM and it was lovely to see you at the finish, even if you were all sweaty!

That's lots of interesting runs there.. more marathons, you're mad!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Good to hear you are back out there running and still smiling. A few more fast sessions with Tim the Coach and with your endurance base I suspect that faster HM will be just around the corner.

Catch you at the GTR.

Stu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home