Saturday, April 22, 2006

Blogging Holiday

Yes folks - I'm taking a break from the blogosphere for a while.

For those insomnia sufferers who have been using my blog to send themselves into a semi-comotose state before hitting a pillow, my advice is to read through the archives of my blog - although a word of warning, doing so may well cause permanent brain damage!

Running update: Following my 17k last weekend, I have decided to take at least a fortnight off from any running to ensure all the niggles and aches are completely gone. I intend to spend the time off from training sleeping, planning the rest of my training year and setting some new goals.

As usual when I am not running I am thinking about it and have already started searching my favourite web-sites for shoe bargains etc. My usual two (apart from E-bay): Road Runner Sports and Eastbay have some good deals on Brooks Adrenalines and I may just sneak another pair into the cupboard (for later in the year) while Mrs Wobbly is thinking I am not contemplating any more running purchases. I am also planning on dropping a few old pairs of runners into the charity bins at the same time.

Also on my accessory list for Winter is one of these
LED Light band which may just find its way into an order soon.

Any other suggestions on good web-sites to peruse would be welcome.

Catch you soon...

19 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Enjoy your blog holiday and running rest. Sounds like a good approach and one I'm seriously considering myself.

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Enjoy your holiday Wobbly :-)

See you in PG !

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Toasty said...

Running Tights!

Let me know if you like what I wore in Canberra ....... we have an Ebay store but you have to be prepared to be noticed!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Enjoy your temporary blogosphere-free world Wobbly.

I'll revert to Flashduck's Blog for my insomnia - works a treat every time. ;-)

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hurry back, Wobbly!

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Enjoy the holidays and recover nicely!

We'll wait for you doesn't matter how long it takes!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

I am sure your body will enjoy the break WM. Catch you soon. :)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Cirque said...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

You still have to blog so we can get the details of the purchases.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Don't stay away too long :(

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

I'd love one of those LED Light bands too... possibly because I tend to wear black running gear so much! LOL!

H xxx

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hmmm apart from a 305, Camelbak, massage stick, long skins, short skins and a years supply of bodyglide I can't think of anything ;-)

Enjoy the break WM

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hope you'll still be available in playgroup or text!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Wobbly have a good break & enjoy the fresh feeling returning to the legs and mind.

Was this break an agreed decision with the 'wonder coach' or did you decide for yourself. Ionly ask as I think my coach is considering how to get me to have a week or 2 away from the roads...

Stu

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy the break. wobbly you could also have a peek at zappos.com in the states,thats where i buy from
they are pretty good.

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

See ya back here real soon Wob.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

As they say, a holiday is as good as a holiday (or something like that :-))).

Take it easy, but don't be gone too long!

Gnome

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Enjoy your break. Sorry I didn't formally introduce myself this morning at Ripe.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger D said...

What???? A blogging holiday - no not Wobbly man!

Ok - I guess I can return some of the mojo I stole from you - but only some of it.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home