Friday, April 14, 2006

11 questions... (tag)

Here are my answers to 11 running questions:

1. What time of day do you run?

Mostly early mornings. I never used to be a morning runner but otherwise its difficult to be consistent with my training in my current job. About once a fortnight I run at lunch time or in the evening.

2. What are your favourite runs?

I have two favourites - my coastal torture trail (15 minutes from home) which is a 12km trail run with 3 sets of 70 steps plus two tougth hills. My other favourite is The Capital City Trail - a 30k undulating bike trail that circles the city of Melbourne.

3. What is your favorite song to run to?

I don't run with music but occasionally sing while running by myself (much to Holly's dismay). I tried running with an FM radio once but the ear plugs kept falling out and I haven't bothered since.

4. What book are you reading at the moment: I just finished Sucking the Marrow out of Life by John Maclean and have just started Slave by Mende Nazer.

5. When did you start running?

October 2002. I got roped into a 10k run when I chaired and OH&S committee and actually enjoyed it.

6. What's your post-race/post-run ritual?

Long run: A good stretch and something to eat, closely followed by an espresso coffee and then a hot shower and something more to eat. A nice nana-nap on the couch mid-afternoon following a long run is bliss. I gave up having protein shakes as I couldn't notice any difference when I stopped having them.

7. What do you eat before you run?

Normally nothing but for long runs I always have 2 slices of white toast with mashed banana and honey.

8. What's your favorite running accessory?

Easy - my Garmin 201. I love it.

9. What's your motivation for running? (or why you first started running)

It started as weight control but has since become a part of my life that I use to; manage stress, stay healthy, enable me to eat what I want (mostly) and now I can't imagine not being a part of the Melb running community.

10. What are your running shoes?

Currently - 3 pair being rotated:
Brooks Adrenaline 6, Brooks Adrenaline 5 and Brooks Dyad

11. What is your next running goal?

I haven't set a new one yet. Puffing Billy (for fun) and a setting a new half marathon PB are on my list for this year though.

Now - I tag Tesso!

1 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

If you have three pairs, then even after buying 4 pairs during the last 4 months, I still need two more! 3 of them didn't worked on me.

Thanks for rememmbering me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home