Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wednesday update

Thanks everyone for your birthday wishes!

I had an easy pace 9.4k loop planned this morning as my legs are still a little weary from my 30k run. It was far from easy though. Most of the way I felt like a little old man shuffling along with little energy to call on. I managed to run the whole way though so I suppose that's good.

An interesting side effect of this marathon program has been my weight loss. I expected to drop maybe 1kg of 2 but I only lost 1kg until two weeks ago and since tyhen I have dropped 2kg more in the last 14 days. I have had to use the next hole on my belt which has never been used before. Best I start eating more again as I dont really want to drop any more! What do others reading experience?

The training tale (mosty for Coach Tim) so far looks like the graphs below.



I am considering a 10k race on Sunday or maybe a 20k long run with half at marathon pace. Not sure which yet but the race will be a social thing only if I do it. Anyone need a 5:00 - 6:00/km pacer?

10 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

WM said "I felt like a little old man shuffling along with little energy to call on."

Yeah I can relate to that WM. No mention of niggles, so thats a good thing. HBD by the way!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Send the weight-loss voodoo my way mate and I'll send your some of my spare!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Hey Wobbly - good to see you still shuffling :-)

2P's theory on weight loss goes something like this:

If you up the workload significantly then the body adapts by burning some fat, building some muscle and upping the blood level - the last 2 balance out the first one so you don't see initial weight loss (sometimes even a small gain).

Once the infrastructure stuff is all sorted you just continue to burn fat and hence more significant weight loss.

Its nice to have theories ;-)

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wobbly,

Why not go for a 10k PB on Sunday? After all of the hard slog over the past few months, it's time to quantify the improvement.

It's fairly common to race a few weeks before a marathon, just to get out there and see where you're at.

:-)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Hey Wobbly...
I have lost about 3kg... but pretty stable. I seem to have stuck a balance between calories in and out. I found if I did not eat well I felt crappy!!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Hey Wobbly - I can't get your 10km race link to work :(

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Stu Mac said...

Enjoy WM and I may see you on Sunday at the Sri Chinmoy, if my coach approves, 1 week out from T&F Champs.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Bernie G said...

Happy to hear the final stages of your training a coming together well.

I really struggle with my weight and lost no weight during my 6 Foot training, but my body shape did change. However, I have lost 2kg since.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Happy birthday Wobbly - hope you had a great day!

I've lost some weight too - all my clothes are feeling quite loose. Be warned - this is a temporary situation. Once the marathon is over its amazing how all that weight sneaks back on! :-)

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger CJ said...

ps Can't wait to catch up Wobbly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home