Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Midweek update

Monday's 6km recovery run was tough. I reckon it felt harder than the 34km run on Sunday. I didn't look at my watch at all, instead I ran at an easy pace without feeling like I had pushed hard. Turned out to be 5:45/km pace which surprised me. I don't think I have felt so dead-legged before during a run.

Yesterday was a 7km run along the Yarra river and part of the Tan over lunch. The Yarra river is looking a fantastic with all the Commonwealth Games fish and loads of people about having a good sticky beak. Even the graffiti has been cleaned up this week.

This morning was my usual Wednesday 9.4km loop with the apprentice. I started slowly with some lower leg niggles but they seemed to work their way out after a couple of kms. Surges up all the inclines and home in 52 mins meant a good 5:33/km pace - faster than I thought as the first couple of kms were slow.

Holly the ever happy lab is fast asleep on her mat right now. I love the way she curls up into a ball, she looks so content with her world

11 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Holly, I can see your exhausted. Poor girl. I hear you in your sleep saying "Why, oh why did I end up with a master who runs marathons!". Run away Holly. Find a nice new master who plays lawn bowls. ;-p

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yup, she is very cute! It's a tough life being a dog :)

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

You tell something big is happening in Melbourne when they clean all the graffiti off!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger 2P said...

I'm amazed you can run at all - I would expect you to be mobbed to sign autographs as people mistake you for one of the Commonwealth Games squad!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Unfair!!! Holly gets to do what we all want to! Great work... maens your getting fitter and stronger when your recovery times are coming down!

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

It's a dog's life!

Are you going to the Games?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like some good runs to me... despite your dead legs.. I wonder if Holly gets the dead legged feeling too:)

 
At 10:31 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hope one of you Melbourites posts pics on your blog of all the stuff that is happening there at the moment. Must be exciting.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Nice you are recovering well and continue being strong after the longest run!

Lovely dog!!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You need a recovery run from the recovery run, Wobbly! I know all about recovery now.....25 minutes jog this morning, still hoping to get through 50km....in 4 weeks time!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Holly is a gorgeous girl - she's adorable curled up on her bed!

Well done with your running - have been reading the last couple of enries and it sounds like you've got it all worked out. I think Canberra marathon is a done deal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home