Sunday, March 12, 2006

Kangaroo spotting

I haven't run at Churchill Park before, so a new place to run is always fun. With the temperature forecast to top 36 degrees here today, Cato picked me up at 6:00am and we headed East to the foothills of the Dandenong ranges in the dark. On the way out there Cato did a great job of describing what a great pace to run it is with dozens of kangaroos and wallabies to be seen but conveniently omitted to describe that the beautiful bush trails were rarely flat and most hills required some walking. Needless to say my legs feel very worked right now and I am looking forward to a restful afternoon followed by a couple of beers with some salted cashews. I think (I know) I need to do more hill work - its just that its soooo hard - so I avoid it like the plague!

Today: 23.5kms of hills in 2:35:41 A really hard workout but I finished strongly again but this time without a (silly) sprint finish.

End of week 10/14
Scheduled: 65.5kms
Run: 62.3kms
Shins 1/5
Toe Nails: getting another black one
Mood: Happy

A quick note of congratulations to all of the Cool Runners who completed the 6ft Track yesterday! I also hear the Cool Running Cheer Squad out-did themselves again! Huge congrats to you guys/gals too - you lot make us all proud to be cool runners!

8 Comments:

At 7:07 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, 36 degrees. Hope it cools down for the Comm Games marathon next weekend.

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Sounds like a lovely place to run WM. Is the Dandenongs where the Puffing Billy race is ?

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Nothing stops you well done!

 
At 7:35 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Nothing like some hills to make youe stronger!!! Great run... sounds so beautiful!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

I hate hills too but we know they're good for us! I'm sure you'll feel the benefit of that hard work out on the day though.

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

Glad to hear you have given up the sprint finish.

Sad to say I put in a big finish in the Half on Sunday though.

Not long to go now. See you there.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

I've been to the Trig Point lookout from the Lysterfield Park side. Just one look at the hill leading down the Churchill side and I decided to leave that one for another day.
Well done.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hills are wonderful things WM - you will be signing up for 6' before you know it ;-)

Well done out ther in the heat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home