Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Injury update

Accodring to my physio the massage therapist was right about what was wrong. No running for me until the weekend at best. I have a massage booked for Wednesday AM for my planned pre-race massage and PM for the serious physio work-over. The physio is "hoping" to have me right by Canberra but its too early to tell and very tight time wise. What's worse is that Ibuprofen or Celebrex won't work on this injury! Serious lower back stretching three times a day. Not enough core strengthening work apparently.

The good news is there is still hope. I guess I also have a good excuse if I can't start (or finish). After all the training though I just want to do it!

I remember very clearly running the Melbourne half in '03 with a little calf injury and made that so bad I couldn't run for three months. I don't think I will be going back there in a hurry!

14 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Hang in there Wob! I'm in the same boat, lets just hope its not a leaky one :-)

How about we make a pact to do everything possible to make that start line. If you don't give up hope, I won't.


"Hope never abandons you; you abandon it" George Weinberg

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Clairie said...

Wobbly you can do it!!!

Are you able to post what the exercises you are doing are? I am always keen to know what to do to stretch my lower back and no-one tells me anything except the one lying on the floor with one knee bent and rolled to the side....

do you have a special one or one that you hold for certain time etc?

I too suffer from the same thing and would be really interested to know.

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hang in there wobbles - still a few sleeps to go yet ;-)

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Fingers and toes crossed for you mate !

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Robert Song said...

Still plenty of time for it to come good. And you are only getting fresher with the rest.

Lets hope I see you at the start and finish line.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Better get yourself off to some Pilates classes sharpish! Hope it comes good for the day Wobs; can't wait to cheer you on.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Sending good positive vibes your way!!! Still 1 and a bit weeks to go... all the ahrd work is done and in the bank~ now just cross evryhthing and hope the physio can work their magic!

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooo!

Who are you seeing for massage? Email me offline

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Keeping everything crossed for you Wobbly - you'll make it to Canberra!!!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Lots of good thoughts coming your way :-)

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Isn't it strange. All year we've been wishing that April 9th would hurry up and come, and now we're wanting time to slow up a bit...

You've been disciplined in doing the work up till now. Now it's time to be disciplined in doing the medical work (I think that I'm talking to myself here too). Good luck. We'll be thinking of you!

Gnome

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Just can't believe this is happening... what scares me is what you say about the half, three months without running...

The best opinion will come from your terapist, still she said you will make it!!!

Then it is possible, you will make it!!!

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Bennyr said...

That´s a real bugger, Wobbly.

Best of luck with your recovery.

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Why does everyone get injured a few weeks before a big race?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home