Friday, March 03, 2006

Friday's negative split

As most of you know I am a relatively slow runner and now that I am in the last 6 weeks of my Marathon program I have decided to get more serious about doing more quality work. The hope being that I have made a good stamina cake and now need to ice it with some speed work.

This morning was a make up run for Thursday's sleep in and missed speed work (too hot - sorry coach Tim). I got up, got ready and then slipped back into bed (in my running gear) and then realised this would be my first missed key run if I fell asleep, so I hauled my butt out of bed again, grabbed Holly the ever happy lab and took off into the dark (5:20am).

I managed to negative split by 2mins 19secs over the 13k so I'm happy. Very happy actually as its more uphill on the way back.

34k planned for Sunday - Capital City Trail clockwise this time (plus a lap of the Tan)

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy those long runs!

8 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger Katie said...

**gulp** 34kms.... I have my 34km next week.

Great effort on a negative split!

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger 2P said...

You have to love the -ve split WM. My tip is don't ramp the speed up too much till you start to back the long runs off a bit.

34k - wish I could play.......

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Enjoy your long run too Wobbly. Tomorrow is a VID for a VIP which means no running, but I will be running on Sunday (34km).

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger RunDave said...

Mmmm cake.

We have a couple of ugly sculptures here at Adelaide uni. I'll try and take a few pics.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wobbly,

Be a little bit cautious with the early AM faster sets... can lead to 'ouchy bits'.

Dan has covered circadian rythmns in his latest "ask Dr Dan" on the website, so check it out if you haven't seen it already.

Don't forget that Sunday is pretty much your trial run for Canberra, so make sure you go over the pre race ritual of taping, bodygliding and most importantly using the same fluid/carbo replacement as you'll be taking on April 9th.

This will ensure that it's just 'business as usual' when you head out of Telopea Park.

Hopefully the Autumn heatwave has subsided by early Sunday AM so that you can enjoy the pleasures of the CC Trail.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Not long to go now, hey? What does Mrs W think of you getting into bed in full running clobber? :-)

Gnome

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

After the dressing up ritual go back to bed??
Yes, that was not possible, it was those miles separating you from a happy day!!

Woow 34 miles, I'll be looking forward to read that report!!

Good Luck!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Good luck with the 34 km! As long as you dont' get back into your bed after the run then that's OK:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home