Thursday, February 02, 2006

Well I could still do it - but I did go slower!

I slept in big time this morning and consequently missed my planned run. I spent lunch time beside the Tan track eating a sandwich watching the runners wishing I could be running too.

I passed the blood bank and felt guilty about not having donated for 6 months so slipped in. As the nurse was finishing off she said to me "Now, no tennis tonight okay"..."Huh, what about running though?" was my concerned response. "Oh maybe in a couple of days".... Wobbly mumbles obscenities at himself for not thinking about things before acting impulsively and then sits down for a milkshake and a party pie feast.

So I waited until 9:30pm tonight after drinking lots of water all afternoon and went for a slow (6:12/km pace) 15 km run along Beach Rd to Hampton and back. Its nice running late at night as the paths are all your own - well mine and Holly's anyway.

Rest day tomorrow, with the afternoon at the cricket at Telstra Dome. I'm still on track for kms this week despite my planned reduction in my long run to about 18kms to rejuvenate and recover from last week's long one fully.

Shins: 1.5/5
Big Toe: 2.5/5 (deep red for half the nail - not pretty, I guess it will go soon)
Mood: Happy wobbly

9 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

So I waited until 9:30??
It is sooo hard to take the non-running desicion. Why is it every runinning adviser's option? grrr
Take care anyway.

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Naughty Wobbly,

Giving blood is a real no no during your marathon campaign. I know that it's the socially responsible thing to do, but marathon training is ME time.

You can give all you want after April 9, although I'm not sure they'll want it immediately after. It will be like extracting oil from the sump of an old VW after 200,000km.

:-)

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

The 9.30 run must have been the right decision - well you didn't pass out !

I've been troubled by the big toe problem for ages. Its always red or black or both. On the advice of my local running store, I've now gone up a full shoe size and lace up in the heel lock way (my pod taught me that). So far so good. We'll see once I get some more longer runs in.

Have a lemonade for me at the cricket. ;)

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Clairie said...

Congratulations for being impulsive Wobbly. I am proud of you for donating. IT is my goal to donate after every marathon as I believe it is very important to do but like you, dont really want too much impacting on my running.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you wobbly! Glad your still on track :-)

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger 2P said...

On an even brighter side - I bet it only took one glass of wine to put you nah nighs ;-)

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Did you run late at night in the dark so the blood bank nurse wouldn't see you ;-)

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Thank you for donating Wobbly. It's so much more important than a marathon (did I really say that!?? :-))

Glad you didn't keel over though. They mightn't have found you till the morning...

sfG

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I donate blood as well (when they'll let me) but trying to juggle it around running training means it doesn't happen very often.
I also have a very sore toe, not my big one, but the one next to my little toe - it has bruised as well. I don't know how it happened - but it is sore.

So, one month down and two to go - hopefully we'll all get there in one piece!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home