Friday, February 10, 2006

Speed Work/Updates

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement while my energy levels were low. As hoped for, they are still on the way up so I headed on down to Sandy Aths track for some much needed speed work last night with the HVT gazelles! I can tell they enjoy it when I turn up as the recoveries often start from the last person (me)!

Torture Tim was away so it was Katie's turn to keep the rabble working hard and a fine job she did too. I confess to missing some of the instructions in the second relay thingy and probably messed a few runner up along the way. Sorry guys! Seems we all worked hard though and I felt so good afterwards for having gotten down their for the first time in a month or so since my shins flared up.

Rest day today - mission accomplished

Easy 8.5km on Saturday followed by 26km+ on Sunday with Rob and Cato along the Coastal Trail (distance depends on how fast those two go).

Big Toe update: My nail was sitting at about a 30 degree sideways angle so I stuck a pin in under the nail and a gusher followed. Instantly the pressure was relieved and the nail although not a healthy pink like the other one is no longer looking deep red and the pain has almost gone completely. (Lesson learned: Always make sure my toe nails are trimmed before doing a long run.

My digital camera is being repaired so the "Wobbly" version of a Paul Frank Clothes stand photo will be posted in a week or so when the camera is fixed. Wobblette #2 wants a dog one now so that will be started this weekend.

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Excellent work wobbly! It always feels great once you get that first one out of the way! That toe nail sounds nasty!!! Enjoy your long run tommorow! 8 weeks to go :-)

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see your back into some speed work. It feels good even though it hurts!

I'm glad I'd finished my brekkie before I started reading about the toe nail.. sounds quite nasty.

You should go and have a pedicure like I do. Jen was quite surprised at the pristine condition of my nicely painted toe nails when we went swimming a few weeks ago!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Hey WM, I was talking to Podrunner about the time I had my manky toe. He told me to lance it (like you just did) but to be very wary of infections thereafter. I used an eye dropper full of hydrogen peroxide to sterilize it and then wrapped it up with elastoplast. :)

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

Eeeewww! I'm curling my toes just thinking about it :( I'll bet it feels a hell of a lot better now most of the pressure has gone....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home