Sunday, February 05, 2006

Saturday slacking and Sunday long

Saturday was spent nursing a medium grade over-hang after the cricket and fooling around with the kids. The Wobbly-built Paul Frank clothes stand is now complete and sitting proudly in Wobblette #1's bedroom. Wobblette #2 wants a dog face for her clothes stand so that will the next project over the next couple of weeks. I had planned a 6k run on Saturday but basically was too tired and unmotivated to do it and thought I would make up for it by adding 6km to the (abridged) long run on Sunday.

Sunday morning I enjoyed a healthy sleep in and got out a little late at about 11am (it was 24 degrees and the sun was out). Went out fine with Holly and arranged for her pick up at the 15km mark. I struggled home with a few walk breaks feeling the heat and generally a bit lacking in energy. I completed the 22k but it wasn't a run where I felt strong except for a couple of kms where I upped the pace slowly to 5:00/kms and felt comfy until I hit an incline and faded quickly.

End of week: 5/14 (9 weeks to go)
Distance planned: 62.5km
Distance run: 58.5

Mood: Lethargic - probably a combination of giving blood and upping my kilometres so much over the last month or so. Hopefully my energy levels will return or I have to revise my "A" goal time from sub 4:00 to about 4:30. Time to eat more healthily and get more sleep.

6 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I seem to be having a periods where I build momentum and then a flat patch. I think this is mormal as the body adjusts to the extra work load! Eat and sleep well and you will be sparing again next week! Good to get another long one in :-) I would hold off donating any more blood though... I think we need evry drop at the moment.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

Dear Kettle, stop moaning and get back to work. signed, Pot :-)

It's hard when the body starts to fade at the same time as the motivation, isn't it. One of the things that's helped me over the last couple of weeks was that I started to introduce stamina work (tempo runs, fartlek, etc), and the change really has been as good as a holiday. Also, I've been conscious of trying to run with others as much as possible. Together, they've certainly made things a bit easier (and just think, it's only 6 weeks till we start taper... :-))

sfG

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Hey Wobbly - good on you for getting out there - I'd have a handful of Vit B complex, does wonders for me when ever I go flat ;-)

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I'd say that probably the giving blood has contributed to the tiredness - I hope you've been drinking lots of water since.

Sounds like you need a couple of easy days to get your mojo back! Hang in there.

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

More rest, Wobbly! Them's my orders! I was feeling tired & the legs were not good, so I had the weekend off all running & what a difference today! I fairly sped along the roads, barely touching the ground!.....I wish!

But I have to tell you, I was amazed at how different I felt today & how much better/faster I ran just from having an extra day's rest! That's what I'll be doing in future when fatigue takes over & you, my friend, should do the same!!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

Hey Wobbly, you taught me a new word - over-hang - I'll have to use that one day when I start getting them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home