Saturday, February 11, 2006

A Saturday saunter

Today I was scheduled for 8.5 easy but I couldn't get out until mid afternoon and as it was warming up quite a bit I have to say it was just an very easy jog at my long run pace - just turning the legs over really.

My splits were all around 6:00/km and the loop I took today is a shady one that runs around Sandringham and Royal Melbourne Golf Courses. It is flat for the first 2/3rds and a bit hilly towards the end.

Mrs W is out for the night so I am cooking the kids Pasta (carb loading for me) and then probably watching an Arnie DVD followed by an early night as I have a 26k run planned tomorrow. I have been sleeping poorly lately so an early one will be blissful!

Enjoy your evening and long runs tomorrow folks!

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Ohhh which Arnie movie??? He cracks me up... have you seen 'pumping iron' very funny! Some classic arnie one liners... the hilarious thing is he is being serious!

Good run...I find it too hard once the temp gets up!
Ohh as for my canberra goal I am going to have a plan A and Plan B. PLan A was 4hrs, but may look at 3hr 50min and plan B will still be too just finish! But I am going to make my decision about my pace agt the end of march, then there is a 30km race I will practice my chose pace and race day strategy to see how it all feels. It is all very exciting... I get butterflies when I think about it... then panic, then get excited again! All a bit psychotic!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great long run...I'll be trying to keep up round the You Yangs!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

Arnie, the guy's hilarious. I love one of his more recent quotes: "Don't be a big girlie-man". How can you argue with that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home