Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday early 10k

I had a quiet night last night. Just 1 beer to mark the end of a tough working week which was good but I had pizza for dinner. Bad move - this morning I felt really thirsty and lacking in energy.

I had 8k on my schedule for today and seeing as its tipped to warm up today and it had just been raining I thought I would slip out early before little Aths. I love running in the rain - especially when its not cold. Even though I was a bit lacking in energy I plodded along and started to enjoy the run by about 4k. The rest just flew by and before I knew it I was home again. The disappearing kms....?

26k planned for tomorrow and I think that will be plenty for now. Its been a big week for me with 38kms run so far - with 26k tomorrow it will be my biggest week ever again!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Oh, I'm trying to think of a suitable reward for me if I do complete my debut marathon in Canberra on 9 April. Any suggestions welcome...

8 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Blogger Tesso said...

A weekend at the Gold Coast, say the first one in July ;-)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

I say a weekend in Sydney should be your reward. I believe you know a few people there :)

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I was thinking of something a bit sooner than Tesso's suggestion. How about the Brisbane Marathon on 30 April? I will make a special pom pom with your name on it if you can make it!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger CJ said...

I'm planning a choc-fest (well it is Easter the following week) including a Magnum icecream and glass of champers while relaxing in a bubble bath post-marathon. Works wonders every time! Then we're off to Tuross for a few days R&R!

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger TA and the Gnome said...

We occasionally have a Magnum after a heavy training session. I reckon that after the marathon, we should be able to eat them by the box full :-)

Gnome

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

More pizza and a whole slab/box of beer.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An MP3 player.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Katie said...

A week off... feet up, beer in hand, BIG smile!

I got Ray and myself tickets to Split ends concert. A bit presumptious I know... nothing like being confident :-)

Another great week under your belt! I love the rain as well... I always feel like a little kid :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home