Thursday, February 23, 2006

Mid-week update

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the photos of the Capital City Trail. Dave - it has just two or three road crossings in Carlton (I think) but each is traffic light controlled from memory - but maybe one isn't I'm not exactly sure.

Thankfully I pulled up really well from my long run on Sunday and despite feeling tired legged for a couple of days there has been no real soreness and my Tuesday and Wednesday runs were great for working out any residual tiredness - both were 9k runs and I ran them at a comfy 5:30 pace at lunch time. Okay, so they were slightly long lunches once you add in a shower etc!

Mixing up my mid-week runs to midday instead of mornings has allowed me to get more much needed sleep this week and has taken away some of the repetition that was creeping into my training. Running the Tan again - which I haven't done for 9 months or so has been really refreshing and reminds me that I need to vary the courses I run a bit more. It is also great to get out of my cube at work instead of working all the time.

I have just got back from a great 1/2hr leg massage from a local Myotherapist. She is great at working out knots before they develop into anything more serious. Having brought forward my rest day to today I will run 10-12k in the morning and end the week on a high. That is provided I don't end up too sore from the massage!

Sweet dreams bloggers!

5 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Sweet dreams? I just wake up!!

Great you continue in great shape. Include photos from you new route too!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Sweet dreams Wobbles. May flights of masseuses sing thee to thy rest.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Sounds great Wobbly! I am booked for a massage Saturday... bliss! Good idea to add variety... saves you form geting stale or burnt out with trianing!

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Great to hear you are coming through your tired phase - running at lunck time on a different course - well they say a change is as good as a holiday.

Ever tried a massage stick - or should I say myofacial release device?

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Spark Driver said...

Aahhh The Tan. I keep planning to have a crack at that one in my mealbreak but I always have some excuse or another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home