Thursday, February 09, 2006

Mid-week meanderings..

Good news - my energy levels are returning! They are still not back to normal but are definitely better than they have been!

Monday was a scheduled rest day. That was easy!

Tuesday I took some running gear into work and went for a run at lunch time down along the Yarra and around the Tan. I didn't take a watch but suspect it was pretty fast (for me) as the "ponytail" effect was very strong. I used to run at lunch time a lot and had forgotten how nice it is running amongst other runners. It was a really enjoyable run. It was about 25 degrees and sunny and the elm trees along the Tan are at their glorious shady best. 11kms all up

Wednesday was an early start. Up at 5:15am and out the door by 5:25. I ran with Holly and the apprentice turned up so we had a good run and chatted about goal setting and how important it is to have them. We ran reasonably fast (for us) and the 9.4kms were steady paced with a gradual pick up along the Balcombe Road hill getting down to just under 5:00/km by the time we reached the top. Another great run.

So, seeing as my energy levels are coming back I think I will head down to speed training tonight just to remind myself how slow I am compared to the rest of the Gazelles. Its good for their egos when I turn up you see..

8 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger RunDave said...

"to remind myself how slow I am compared to the rest of the Gazelles."

Watch out for the lions, they always go for the slow ones first.

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You could always hold a ponytail in each hand and ski behind.

Glad to hear the energy is back Wobbly - may the force be with you ;-)

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, Wob.

Isn't it lovely to run at lunchtime? You get to join in with lots of other people, plus you can eat chocolate all afternoon with a really smug expression.

 
At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Wobbly :-) You are a gazelle to this little tortoise! I'm still building up slowly after my knee troubles but am hoping I'll be able to beat last years time at the Willy Half in May. I hope you're doing that one again. Catch you again soon (as soon as the doc lets me run more than 10 mins without a walk break!)

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Well done Wobbly!!! Glad you found your mojo! I am like you happy with my role as ego enhancer for the speedies :-) Enjoy your speed work... if thats possible.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger D said...

Good to hear that you are feeling better Wobbly Man.

 
At 1:53 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Amazing what a rest day can do! Chocolate also works for me!

Enjoy your speed work - hehehehe

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to know that the bright side of life is coming back, Wobbly, but don't use up too much energy before Canberra...see you there & good training till then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home