Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Half way into my program

Okay - the graphs tell the story so far. I figured I am about half way through this program and apart from one week I have kept the effort going pretty well. With this in mind I am pretty happy!

Today I bought some Multi B vitamins to see if that can help lift my energy levels and I also slept in again - opting for a run after work. The additional sleep this week (3.5hrs) has been very welcome (and needed).

Today's late afternoon run was my Coastal Torture Trail - three sets of 70 stairs, a big boat ramp and steady pace increase up a fairly long hill. I did this with Holly and although it was fairly warm there was a nice coastal sea breeze and we finished the lot without any walk breaks.

It is forecast to be 31 tomorrow so I am going to skip speed training and see if I can get a run in early or at least by lunch time before it heats up too much. My coastal trail is a pretty hard work-out so that will substitute for speed work this week.

6 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

I think the vitamins and the extra sleep have helped already - 3 sets of 70 stairs!!!! Well done Wob.

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice trundle yesterday Wob - I'm a real fan of B Complex for overcoming tiredness - good luck with it!

Nice work on following the plan too ;-)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Half way... woo hoo! Nice work! Vitamin B... food for thought. I am going to start back on the Floradix... natural vitamin B and Iron- from the health food shop, its really good!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

If 2005 was injury year, 2006 must be exhaustion year.

Look after yourself D, and maybe you do need to take a leaf out of GG's book and make sure your diet is adequate.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Well yes, it is true, I've realized that running needs to be combined with the right foods.
You could also try green te, it is very good for energy.
Nice half training season!

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done, duncan on reaching half way! maybe stock up on some energy gels for your long runs. you do need fuel to keep going once you run over 20k's.as long as you get the long runs in at a steady pace,
you should be right.don't be afraid to miss a day if your energy
isn't right.keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home