Tuesday, February 28, 2006

End of month wrap

An uneventful 10k this afternoon finishes off my longest month ever.

Scheduled: 248.5kms
Completed: 248.6kms
Missed runs: 2 (no key runs missed)
Damage Report: loosing right big toe nail, shin splints clearing, lethargy fixed
30k+ runs this month = 2 (1 in Jan)
Energy levels: restored :)
Mood: Happy (about my running)
Motivation level: medium
March focus: more quality seesions

World's ugliest sculpture - photo competition

I made mention in a previous post of what I think is a particularly ugly sculpture that I run by fairly often (in fact it marks exactly 5kms from my place)- here it is in all its, umm..."uglyness"! If you run past a worse one, take a photo of it and pop it in a blog post. Apologies to the artist but I mean really - its just crap! I do admire your ability to get the local council to buy/commission it though (having said that it possibly says more about the local council)

11 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger CJ said...

Excellent report card. Wobbly is usually a good student though does lose a little focus but this may be due to some tiredness, to be expected, and the heat. He applies himself well to the task and finishes what he starts, even if it takes longer than he planned. Keep up the good work!
:-)

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Katie said...

A++ woblly! Always puts in 100% and is very supportive of fellopw students- will go far!

Great month Wobbly! Now just one more big one to go... go Wobbly!

Yep that is an ugly sculpture... I will keep my eyes peeled for a uglier one!

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Ewen said...

Are you sure you ran 0.1km more than scheduled last month Wobbly?

That sculpture's not ugly. It's a good likeness of that curly decorative wrapping tape.

Now, on the other hand... a sculpture of your big toe...

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

It never ceases to amaze me the crap that local councils will stick up for our "enjoyment"..... I'm sure I can find one worse - how about that ting just off the freeway at Doncaster? I still haven't worked out what it's supposed to be, some sort of chicken I think...?

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Gronk said...

Congrats on a big month WM !

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

A good months work Wobbly! Particularly doing the extra 100 metres, that will make all the difference at the end of the marathon.. there is an extra 200metres after the 42km after all :)

Interesting sculpture, I thought perhaps you had graduated from your clothes stands to something more ambitious.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Excellent month WM - congrats on such a big total!

Hmmm that sculpture is going to take some topping.

:-)

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger miners said...

well done on the report card wob - looking good.

I'll try and see if I can top your ugly sculpture. However, we do have a nice one with a story here - must print that one first

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

You made such a great month!!


Can't understand only why you motivation is in low levels??

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

....and they get paid for it too, Wobbly! Gosh, your training is way up there!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Wow, what a huge month you had Wobbly!

BTW, I have to agree with you about that statue !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home