Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tuesday's struggle

Oh, it was so hard to get out of bed this morning. I will be so glad when the Aussie Open tennis is over and I can start going to bed at a reasonable hour again! Wow, that Federer/Haas match was a great game.

Have you ever woken up 1/2 an hour before the alarm clock and wondered what you would do now? That was me this morning. 4:30am is just too early to lace on some running shoes and start pounding pavements. It is also hard to go back to sleep knowing that you need to be awake enough to haul your butt out of bed in half an hour. So I lay there entertaining random thoughts for a while and eventually fell asleep, only to be abruptly woken by the alarm and then lay there for another half an hour trying to think of ways to manipulate my program so that I could go back to sleep.

Eventually I figured there was no way out of it while keeping my required program intact so out the door I went with Holly the ever happy lab. 10kms later I was back and very glad I had gotten out as my legs really needed a good stretch after Saturday's 27k. Holly and I bumbled along at about 5:45/km and even managed a slight negative split despite the strong headwind on the return trip.

Shin pain level: 2/5 manageable but uncomfortable

7 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice one WM - I manipulated my schedule this morning by going back to sleep - good on you for perservering and being rewarded with a negative split.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you Wobbly!!! That perserverence will get you across the finish line!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Heya WM. Mr Google has found me some trendy new exercises for MTSS (aka shin splints). See my blog if your keen. :)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Oh no Wobbly - I'm not happy with 2/5. I hope Gronk's link can help you.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger R2B said...

I sympathise WM though i would have let my lazy bones go back to sleep!

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Good you made the right desicion, many of this hard days become in one of the best ever!!
Should be because of the endorphins! Their production increases as they are needed!!

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger D said...

It's so worth it once you've gotten out of bed and finished your run! My problem, lately I CAN'T pull myself out of bed early!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home