Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Post New Year Catch up!

New Year's day I went for a late 8k run with Brigid (from Canberra) and Holly (our ever-happy lab). We kept a fairly slow pace and I ran a couple of laps around the Half Moon Bay ramp to get my heart and lungs really working while Brigid checked out the half sunken HMVS Ceberus and caught her breath. We ran all the way back but Holly started to slow so we both eased off the gas a little and found our way home. A great start to the new year and a similar one to my last New Year's day.

Yesterday I couldn't sleep so well so gave up and went for a run at 5:15am. It was a lovely 10.4k run along the coastal trail to Sandringham with Holly. The temperature was lower (around 15 degrees) and Holly was much more comfortable and full of energy.

I just had enough time to stop sweating after the run, have a quick shower and headed off for a round of golf at 13thbeach with Matt and Sean. It was great to catch up with those two - Matt lives in Hong Kong now and I only seem to catch up with him once a year. I took Garmin Girl along to see far a round of golf actually is, and for those interested it was 7.8kms (I don't find the fairways very often though - so that included a fair bit of searching for balls).

A few beers after the golf topped off a pretty exhausting day and one that I hope will help ease off some off those extra kilos I have added since the break from running and my annual Christmas pig-out!

3 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Katie said...

18.2kms combined running, walking, swinging.... I bet you were tired :-)
I am so bad at golf I get stuck at the first tee!! Once your program gets into swing those extra kgs will melt away!!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Happy New Year WM!

Sounds like a very good start to the year. Don't make poor old Holly work too hard.. she's only just had babies hasn't she?

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Gronk said...

Great to see that the shins are behaving WM. HNY mate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home