Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Medium/long mid-week effort

I slept so badly last night that my 6am alarm was promptly turned off and I slept through until about 9am. Its quite unusual for me to sleep in but after watching a bazillion adds for Tele-cafe and Lava life (where singles click) I think I needed the sleep after all.

As a consequence of the sleep in and a flat Garmin battery I didn't get out until about 11am. Today was the first of some key runs on my Marathon program so even though a rest day was my preferred option I figured if I didn't have a rock solid excuse I should get out there. I'm so glad I did. The weather was perfect and Holly and I made our way around the 16.1km out and return to Green Point fairly comfortably.

Mrs Wm and Wobblette #2 then joined me for lunch at Brighton Bathes and after a chilled Boags Beer and a chicken caesar salad my body is now telling me a little snooze on the couch while "watching" the cricket may be in order. Best I ice my shin first. My shin is still bothering me but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse so I am just training as normal and waiting to see what happens (if anything).

Speed work tomorrow - I'm not looking forward to that after about two months off!

3 Comments:

At 4:49 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You tease! You can't talk about "watching" the cricket on the couch while your fellow playgrouper (ie me) is at work !!!

Sounds like a great way to kick off your marathon program - a great run, cricket and the couch !

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Oooh! Watch that shin Wobbly. I SO wish I had a magic wand to stave off all those early warning niggles.....

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Good on you for getting out there...16km a nice solid midweek run. It certainly helps having a goal to get you out and about when you would rather be lazing around!!

Good thoughts for the shin!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home