Sunday, January 29, 2006

Late night wobbling

I rarely run at night but I really wanted to run today after yesterday's struggle.

This morning I woke to 21 degrees and 95% humidity. As the day wore on, it got down to about 60% humidity but got hotter so I waited and waited and waited until 9:30pm (22 degrees and 83%humidity) to get in 11.6kms around Beach Rd Beaumaris.

Holly was jumping for joy at the prospect and despite the warm weather and high humidity easily made the distance with me. My legs felt weary to start with but were good over the last 4kms. I just wanted to get out there tonight and enjoy the run - mission accomplished (albiet slowly). I didn't take my watch and was glad I didn't.

(Note to self -run without a watch at least once a week!)

End of Week: 4/14
Planned: 62.5kms
Accomplished 60.5kms
Mood: Happy Wobbly
Shin Pain: 2/5

5 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Thats a great idea... no watch, just run to enjoy it! I bet it was beautiful at that time! I would love to run at night... I am a bit chicken on my own :-)

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

The tennis is over now so we can go back to going to bed at a sensible hour! Hope you have a good week and the shins behave!

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work Wob - good discipline too - well done mate ;-)

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger D said...

Nice. It is quite ironic - you were running at night in the heat and this evening I ran in the darkness (with my dog as well) in the cold. Although for January (here) it was still mild - somewhere in the high 30s F to 40s with heavy winds. Although I LOVE running in the colder elements! I like your new photo by the way.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

Nice to enjoy a run, to feel great and avoid the temptation of not using the watch!!
That's how you felt better the last 4 km.
Were you on your running clothes the whole day waiting??
Nice new photo you look so different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home