Sunday, January 08, 2006

Friday 10k and today's long run

Feeling guilty for not attending speed training on Thursday night I thought I should get out and pound the coastal trail with Holly for 10.2kms on Friday. The sun came out and it warmed up quite a lot but we managed a negative split coming home anyway. An uneventful run really....

Following a farewell party for some friends yesterday the morning didn't start awfully well as armed with a medium grade over-hang I belted out the door with my fuel belt and car keys to catch Greybeard and AndrewinOz. We started at a nice 6min/km pace and eased our way up over the 21+ kms. Rob was feeling strong towards the end so put in a couple of kms at 5min pace - while I upped the pace for a km to try and match him but he is a faster runner than I and my poor preparation for the days run caught up with me. We then sauntered home which is mostly uphill at about a 6km pace for the last 2kms.

That completes the first full week of my Canberra Marathon training program. 66kms run - the furthest I have run in a week to date. While I missed speed work on Thursday evening I slipped in a catch-up session on my rest day (Friday). My evil shin in holding up okay and isn't bothering me as much as I thought it might (so far).

8 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger D said...

One week down how many to go for Canberra? Hopefully your shin will not give you any more problems. Good job on getting out of the door even with a "medium grade over-hang."

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You are a better man (!) than I Wobbly; running 21kms with a medium grade hangover. That is when I eat vegemite toast & drink Endura and curl up on the couch watching Video Hits !

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Cirque said...

Sounds good Wobbly, but how on earth you manage to do that with an overhang beats me!

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Well done Wobbly!!! Running with a habg over... yuck! All good for the mental toughness :-)
One week down... woo hoo!

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger CJ said...

First week of marathon training down - well done. Fingers crossed that you remain injury-free - obviously I'm not doing so well! (and I didn't have a hangover either!)

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Hilda said...

How exciting to start training for a marathon!!
Do lots of stretching since I started them my shins are much better!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Tesso said...

Fantastic stuff Wob. And congrats on your biggest week ever too.

Good to see after 66k you've come through unscathed!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

First week down.. and no damage to report .. excellent news! Hope it all goes according to plan WM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home