Tuesday, January 31, 2006

End of Month Tuesday

First day back at school for the kids today! I usually take the kids on their first day back (now Grade 1 and 5) so this meant I could sleep in a little and get in a good length run as well! Woohoo!

I was surprised how fast I went out along Beach Road this morning but when I turned around I realised I had been running with a strong tail-wind and now it was all head-wind back. Heads down, Holly and I pressed on home and came back with a 12k average of 6min/km.

I'm pleased with today's effort although I seem to have now developed a big toe nail problem. It is quite sore and red under the nail. During the 30k run on Saturday it felt quite uncomfortable but I thought it was just my mind complaining and wanting to stop running.

Today concludes my first month of training for the Canberra Marathon with my biggest monthly km total ever and also my longest run to date. All mid-week medium long runs and long runs were completed and I juggled my way around the remainder with the heat/humidity and work commitments.

Planned: 247.5kms
Completed: 234.6kms (95%)
Shin pain: 1/5 (probably because the toe hurts more)
Big Toe pain: 2/5
Mood: Pretty pleased with myself

6 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Katie said...

Pretty pleased... you should be damm proud!!! Well done... thats a great month of running! Canberra here we come :-)

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Bennyr said...

Good work, Wobbly.

Looks like your biggest month by a big margin. Looking good for Canberra!

Cheers,
Ben

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger D said...

nice job Wobbly man!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You should fee prtty pleased with yourself - that is a great months training to open your marathon assault and join the 200k club too.

Well done mate ;-)

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Hilda said...

Your training is going great, keep going!! Looking at your numbers this is your first marathon, right? How exciting!!
Your comments in my blog are so nice and funny, thanks!!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

That's a great month's training WM. You should be very pleased with yourself! Hope the toe nail doesn't turn nasty and fall off!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home